2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

as someone who never played ff12, is this a remaster? the same thing that FF7 is going through atm? or a "part 3" of sorts?

3. Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

Ff12 was a pomegranatety title. pomegranate story, mediocre automated gameplay, and just got bland very quickly. I know it's a hate it or love it game, but just bleh. Not gonna knock ya for liking it though.

4. Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

Opinions, opinions~! I loved the story, LOVED the gameplay, and LOOOVVVVEEDDDDDD the IZJS (played the Japanese fan-translated port). I don't even have a PS4, and I want to buy this. My friends are going absolutely nuts over it right now. I can't believe it's happening!

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

It was only a matter of time before it happened!

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

The Wheel weaves what the Wheel wills.

I haven't played any FF in a while. I'd give this a shot

7. Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

HD remaster of the IZJS international version.

Yes, it is probably the most contested title in the series in terms of good/bad, but it's easily my favorite in the main series, and second favorite in the entirety of the franchise after type-0. The gigantic difference is due to a pretty simple thing that the people that like it are able to do that the people who don't like it are unable to get past; Vaan is the storyteller, he has no relevance to the story itself and should be disregarded beyond his storyteller role. Penelo should not be there at all. That's the crux of the disagreement. Everything clicks into place the moment you see the game in that way other than your complaint about the gameplay, which is just an opinion of yours that I happen to also disagree with, you aren't supposed to use Gambits at all on your player character, Gambits are a customizable AI system for your teammates and that sort of thing is sorely needed in most realtime RPGs, you can make AI much better than the game can generate AI, and you can even customize it for specific battles.

The reason I am so excited for this in particular is that even the emulated IZJS version still doesn't look "amazing", and I feel like this game in HD would be incredible given the scale of the world. I played through IZJS twice and the original version 3 times, so I won't mind seeing the same things over again (though if they add bonus features like new zones aside from the 100 wave boss rush I will obviously be very happy with that too).

8. Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

Do you know how you know when you have an unconquerable backlog? When you bought the PS2 version of the PS4 remake, never got around to playing it, and you're still buy the PS4 remake.
    Last edited by MetaSeraphim; 2016-06-06 at 06:58 PM.

9. Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

Hmm, I agree with your points, but I just feel they didn't really need to go for an ffxi gameplay style to begin with. Then again I'm more of your stereotypical old school final fantasy player, so turn based with full control fits my tastes more. I will say this - the art style and graphics of the game were fantastic, both for their time and even now. Music is pretty good as well. It's not a HORRIBLE game, but I just didnt like the way the story was presented, and the flow of battles.

10. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Yaas, I was hoping they'd put it out on the PS4. I wouldn't've even cared if it was simply a PS2onPS4 release - but this is so much better.

To be honest, I got it back when it was released and hated the battle system so I never played it.

11. Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

I played the original for about 10 minutes. I might pick this up at some point but there are all the other FF HD remakes to play as well so who knows. It's cool that it is the international version so it will be somewhat new to a lot of people that have already played it.

It will release on PC. Everything else has so i don't see why this wouldn't.

12. Default Re: I've been waiting for almost a decade for this moment

Most major fans of the game have already played IZJS, especially now that it's translated; it also is a very smooth game to emulate in general, it has no major crashes or bugs and very little screen tearing, even in the cutscenes, which is incredibly rare for PS2 games. And yeah, chances are it will release on PC as well given that all the other 3D modeled ones are now.