1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default How fast does the level 10+ Professions decay?

I know that supposedly if you don't craft/make something at least every 17 hours your proficiency actually goes down. Now here's what I want to make sure. How does it work?

Does it

1. Your mastery goes to 0 if you go past 17 hours without making something?

2. Your mastery decays in chunks over time, meaning that you're not entirely screwed over by overly long Sever Checks/Maintenance/Updates? If it's this case, how much does it decay per day?

2. Neutron
    IGN: Hayandra
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 2xx
    Job: Sharp Object
    Guild: PrettyPantys
    Farm: Dereliction
    denmark

Default Re: How fast does the level 10+ Professions decay?

It decays in chunks. I think it was something along the lines of 500 or 1k points per hour.

3. Default Re: How fast does the level 10+ Professions decay?

I can't give you an exact number.. Everyday I have to make about 2-3 potions to maintain my effect so it probably decays about 1000-1200 mastery exp every 18-24 hours. It probably decays in 6 hour intervals.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

So just checking here for clarity. So it decays regardless if you made something in the past 17 hours, or this is how much it decays when you didn't make anything the past day or so?

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Oh is that how it works? I was under the assumption it constantly went down regardless of whether or not something was crafted. Well that's a little better I guess.
    Now, can anything be crafted to save oneself from the penalty, or is it restricted to only the higher (and harder to craft) stuff that gives crafting proficiency?

6. Default Re: How fast does the level 10+ Professions decay?

I'm pretty sure it decays by a rate of 1,000 points every hour after 24 hours have passed since your last craft.

7. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

It's bad enough that MapleStory is inherently addictive. Now it punishes players for not playing frequently by undoing their profession progress (which is hard enough to gain anyway thanks to the crafting cooldowns)

8. Default Re: How fast does the level 10+ Professions decay?

I think the others may be correct on how it decays and when it decays(I'm only make assumptions from my observations). I generally make enough potions all at once and do not distribute it over my playing hours, so I'm not really sure. But by the sounds of it, its after 24 hours of inactivity.

FYI after you hit lv 12 you can store up profession exp(doesn't stay at 0) which decays in the way its meant to. So as long as it doesn't go below 0 you can maintain lv 12 profession (without having to come back).

9. Default Re: How fast does the level 10+ Professions decay?

You have to craft stuff that adds mastery exp to the bar, which is like lv8+ stuff.

You'll notice crafting things that gives like 5 mastery won't actually add it to the bar. Yeah, it's a bit annoying to always have to craft something that gives exp daily. I stockpiled a bunch (about 200 ish) Pieces of time and black crystals, and that did the job for leveling smithing from lv10-11. After that, you can just pace yourself on crafting cubes for lots of exp daily so that you don't burn a lot of materials in a small time frame. I'm up to about 200k mastery by doing just that, but I've noticed it has fallen a few 1ks to 10k after 24 hours.

10. Default Re: How fast does the level 10+ Professions decay?

i consistantly lose a LARGE (~6k) chunk after every bi-weekly scheduled server maintenance. i have not been able to pre-craft-avoid this