Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Question Ask Me Anything April - Eos

Throughout the month of April various staff members have consented to host their own Ask Me Anything threads to let you guys get to know us better. We'll have approximately one per week, Monday through Friday, beginning with myself tonight. Next mod will be announced next Monday.

Rules:

• All normal forum rules apply.
    • Questions about specific users, restrictions, infractions, punishments and/or appeals will be ignored and deleted.
    • All AMA participants have the right to refuse any question they do not feel comfortable answering or find inappropriate.
    • Anyone breaking, pressing or weaseling these rules, or perceived as abusing this event in any way, will be banned from threads as necessary.
    • One question per post please, we don't have a double posting rule so this it's perfectly fine to post more than once. Keeping it one per post let's people and to show their support of specific questions and avoids having the same questions repeated over and over (hint: don't do that).

Keep in mind each AMA participant will answer at their own pace, so be patient, this isn't a live chat and some will take longer than others.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

How much did you buy Southperry for?

Edit: @Fiel

3. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

I am contractually incapable of answering that without the consent of all parties.

4. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

Who are all these said parties?

6. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

I got this question from that day with the joke at the shenanigans thread about us being part of your (?) Enterprise. Do you actually have employees? I'm not asking how much do you pay them (if you have any) , but that if you actually pay other people as a formal employer?

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

How much is costing to maintain this site?

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I thought the point was to get to know them better not find out money numbers...

Do you still do DBA work? How do you like that vs working on SP?

9. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Well i do find Southperry site to be interesting too, and the one more able to answer question about it is Eos, but ok i'll bite:

What have been your programming experiences during the years?

10. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

Do you listen to any podcasts? If not, have you ever encountered them and what is your position regarding to listening to one/a few people talk for an amount of time?

11. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

It fluctuates very wildly, and has been steadily dropping, but even on it's best month it earns less than a part time job at a fast food restaurant. Most months less than you'd earn in a week in fact. And that's before paying out necessary costs.

No, all my labor is voluntary, contract labor, or purchased content.

~800 a year at the moment, but going to go up again in our search for a stable host.

It's part of what I do, yes. My role is more complex, since I'm an overall administrator, DBA, programmer, SME, team lead, strategic analyst and a half dozen other things.

C, C++, C#, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, VBA, Basic, perl, java, ecmascript, lua, python, lisp, TSQL, PL-SQL, FOCUS, JCL, bash, batch, nearly everything. My cobol and fortran are rusty and my ASM is no where near Paul's but I can and have written apps in it on occasion.

http://www.bobandsheri.com/bobandshe.../ondemand.aspx

12. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

How was your first job experience as a Programmer?

13. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

What's your favorite snack?

15. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

Too vague.

Cheese. I try not to snack. Too sedentary, I try to limit calories exclusively to actual meals. This occasionally means I'll eat a plate of cheese and crackers in lieu of real food.

Absolutely nothing.

16. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Hm...
    What's your favorite beer???
    Have you met anyone from SouthPerry IRL ?

17. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Do you/have you play/ed pokemon and if so, what is your favorite (or top 5 if you can't think of an absolute favorite over the 600+ pokemon)? :I

18. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

It's fairly common knowledge I can't drink due to lack of the alcohol dehydrogenase enzymes.

I've known several Southperrians longer than I've been at Southperry, so yes.

I can't tell any of the games apart despite having played most of them. I like MewTwo

19. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

What happens when MapleStory (inevitably) closes down in the near future.

This is based off the fact that gMapleStory numbers are going down drastically in terms of revenue, kMapleStory is at an all time low in terms of players (Seriously. We have events begging for players to come back) and overall after 10 years there's not much left that one can do with the engine, if anything.

20. Default Re: Ask Me Anything April - Eos

No one will be able to login into it.