IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Maple story Global letting maple streamers and youtubers play in test server.

So is this real life? Finnaly players able to test in the test server?

That's honestly interesting, and weird me out how in the Daboki's video they gave him this 30%all stat arcane eqps, i guess there's more people that know about the game .
    I wonder if this will help the number of bugs in the next comming patchs...
    Also i guess it's too hard to dream a old mapler be able to go in test server too , at lest some of us are finnaly able to go there.

Daboki's video:
    I also saw Coppersan, so also europeans in the test servers.

2. Default Re: Maple story Global letting maple streamers and youtubers play in test server.

Yup. I believe this was an idea pitched by KThxBaiNao to invite specific users for a preview of the V update.
    As far as I know this only pertains to the V update.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maple story Global letting maple streamers and youtubers play in test server.

The sad part is that Nexon's advertising department is doing a much better job than their technical department.
    The promotion and hype, of which this streamers-on-test-servers is part, did bring back a lot of old players... but the servers can't carry the load. And all Nexon's attempts at making "backend updates" to mitigate the lag are failing.
    Either they're being DDoS'ed since the patch and especially during 2x, or it's just too many people playing, but either way the lag and bugs are turning away a lot of those "newcomers". And no compensation except a small one for the first extended maintenance.

Anyway, back on topic, the streamers are doing this as part of the hype, but I hope they'll run into at least some of the bigger bugs. Maybe the live release will be a tad less buggy due to this.
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2016-12-11 at 01:59 AM.

4. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

Default Re: Maple story Global letting maple streamers and youtubers play in test server.

Noticed that Bowmaster's Arrow Rain skill is back to the real name of "Arrow Rain" rather than "Storm of Arrows" like it was in the 5th job skill showcase trailer. Interesting. I wonder if the people who made that trailer just translated the skills on their own and took some creative liberties to generate hype...

EDIT: Yeah, BaM's "Aura Scythe" in the trailer is "Unification Aura". Looks like we're getting skill names closer to KMS's. The trailer seems to be pretty wrong.

5. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

It's Aura Scythe in the regular skill window and Unification Aura in the V Matrix window (look at the end of coppersan's Battle Mage video). I think the localization team never got around (or just forgot) to update the node names in the V Matrix window and only in the skill window since they probably translated it directly first and then went through a second pass to change the names to something they thought would work better. IIRC they use SDL Trados to do a lot of their localization work so it wouldn't surprise me.

6. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

Oh, yeah, I see that now in that video that Ivangold linked. It's Arrow Rain in the V Matrix but in the skill window it's Storm of Arrows.

7. Default Re: Maple story Global letting maple streamers and youtubers play in test server.

Thank God !!

This is such an easy way to kill multiple birds in 1 shot. You help create hype for your game, you promote your game, you get COMPETENT people to help you clean your game out of bugs, you strengthen you relationship with the comunity, and all of it for free.

If this is true then it certainly is sad. I feel this would be one of the best ideas a CM has ever had

8. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

KThxBaiNao having impact on the game even when he's out of it
    @byakugan
    Well i do see how the marketing people do good work, i saw some propagandas on youtube about Maple Story V uptate, so pretty interesting to see that