1. Default Question about clean slate scrolls and similar mechanics

This is going to sound very, very dumb. I need to ask it, however.

Clean Slate scrolls only give back a slot if a scroll failed, correct?

Say I Chaos Scrolled an item. It worked, but it worked by reducing the stats. If I Clean Slate scrolled it, I wouldn't get that item slot would I?

I have a CHTP that is 7x stats, but the previous dipstick owner used 2 chaos scrolls and made it something like 6x/6x/6x/7x. The two chaos scrolls worked but they decreased the stats.

Is there anything I can do at all to un-do the last two scrolls without having to use an Innocence scroll to reset the entire thing?

My OCD is getting so bad that I can't even look at the thing because it bothers me so much

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Question about clean slate scrolls and similar mechanics

Yes, Clean Slate scrolls only give back a slot if a scroll failed.

And no, no way to undo the two chaoses without undoing the (double? triple?) egging too.

3. Default Re: Question about clean slate scrolls and similar mechanics

my greatest fear confirmed. thank you

4. Default Re: Question about clean slate scrolls and similar mechanics

Also going to confirm you're stuck with those stats.

I have a +4 CHTP back from one of windia's pre-bb runs (passed one chaos/failed another).
    I cannot get that 5th slot back, even with clean slates - the game recognizes the clean number of slots to be three.

As was seen with the white scroll + shield scroll (when they were first released), there is no limit to the number of slots an item is supposed to have (+40-50 weapons/gloves/etc)

5. Default Re: Question about clean slate scrolls and similar mechanics

Don't those Return Scrolls in the CS work on it? Or is it different because it's a Chaos HT Necklace?

6. Default Re: Question about clean slate scrolls and similar mechanics

A Return Scroll has to be applied to an item first, and then it will only affect the next scroll, it can't undo a previous scroll.

7. Default Re: Question about clean slate scrolls and similar mechanics

Oh, so they work like Wards and Lucky Days and stuff. Well, that sucks.