Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

The only thing I don't like about this change is that it's taking place next week.

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Too bad swaping champs will be a little more difficult.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Good point.

Though arguably, the whole change might motivate people - like me - to obtain more champs.

5. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

I've been reading through the 2nd giant thread that Lyte has constantly been posting in, and the findings are that the majority of ranked players don't take advantage of swapping champions. Yes, people in high elo do it more often, but by that point they already own a lot of the champions, or if they don't, they soon will.

I myself have never taken advantage of champion swapping in ranked games.

6. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

What else would you get will?

Champs are just so expensive that it can take 1 or 2 weeks in getting one 6.300 (Of course depending on how much effort you put into it)

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

There's quite a few champs that I have my eyes on atm.

8. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

maybe they could implement a way to select 2 free champions, free of chare, when you start the game. with a new champ every few weeks, MOST of the champs are 6.3k, which takes forever to obtain. They could also implement a 30% off day for IP pricing to encourage more champ buying (yes even though it's technically free unless you count your time as money). I would personally love to see that happen cause the "new and exciting champions" should be 6300, but the older 6300 champs could be lowered to 4800 or 3150 eventually as they lose their "awesome new"factor.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

They need to return to lowering 6300 IP Champs. Last I remember, they said they "haven't forgotten about it", lowered a couple more champs to 3150, and randomly stopped again.

10. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

Damn. Now I have to actually buy cassioepia.

11. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

And that the recent 6300 IP champ price reductions only reduced them to 4800.

But it's about damn time they made that change.

12. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

Disliking this change. There are plenty of champions I don't own that I can play well and do play well with in ranked games. But I guess if those statistics are true it'd have a more positive influence on my ranked games teamwise. Getting randomned due to whatever reason is a lot more forgiving now too.

13. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

Those are interesting statistics but doesn't that mean that if you've never purchased a Champion (Perhaps saving your IP for Runes), you can't play Ranked at all?

Not sure how likely that is, but it seems a tad extreme. Add on to the above post, about how you can be good with a Champion and never purchase it... And yes, I know that once in a while you get freebies, but that doesn't mean you can actually play a freebie. I have a few freebies and I can't play them for anything.

Overall I find the IDEA great, but I have to imagine that there was some other way to do that other than "Buy it or no Ranked with it." Maybe they should have recorded plays with X Champion, and at a certain number unlock it for play in Ranked if it's on the Roster? Seems like a better way to handle it.

14. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

Yeah I like that idea. Number of plays with champs to unlock ranked mode with said free rotation champ.

I would have hated this before I got my champ roster. For instance almost all of my corki games in ranked are free week corki plays.
    I didn't even buy him until I just about stopped playing as him in ranked.
    Same goes for MF, I had played half my ranked games with her as free week winning lane every single time.

I guess it doesn't really bother me so much these days but I feel for anyone that is good with a champ but hasn't earned enough IP to unlock them yet.
    Last edited by Duelman; 2012-05-16 at 07:15 AM. Reason: damn formatting

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Looks like someone never played ranked before.

16. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

You don't even have to play ranked to find out. Whenever I see a person using a free champ in normal, 90% of the time they suck. It's okay since it's normal but some people do that in ranked which is supposed to be a competitive environment and testing out champs should not be done there.

Around my level, if I see a shen on my team, 99% of the time they're horrible, go off on their own, and rage at us when they die. Haven't run into a Cassiopeia yet but if I see an enemy one I plan to push them hard since I really doubt inexperienced people can farm with her especially at tower.

17. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

FTFY.

18. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

I like it, since now it additionally guarantees that if someone its playing ranked, then that person also have played a lot of matches to farm the ip needed to buy the 12-15 champs required to play draft mode. So people who just hit lvl 30 may or may not play immediately, who knows, maybe this will also reduce the trolls and leavers in ranked play by a fair margin?

19. Default Re: Issue about free to play champs in ranked solo/duo queue - Resolved

Even people with skins suck sometimes. You fixed nothing.

20. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

The idea is to reduce the number, not make it 0.