Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

After seeing a Hero successfully solo Pink Bean, I want to see if Paladins can do the same thing. I'm doing a lot of prep but I have a couple questions.

1) Can ACB reach the bird statues? If they can't, I may have to wait until we get Monster Magnet.

2) Is there any way to save time with 100% resistance? Currently I have 32% from Guardian, 20% from lvl100 Willpower, 3% from DS Card, 10% from Pants, and soon to get 30% from Resistance potion. This will be a combined total of 95% Status Resist which essentially makes me immune to all status. I'm wondering if I can tank Seduce in a way to save time (like taking out the left bird statue quickly or attacking PB when he faces left).

3) How much damage will I do to PB with only Lightning Charge? He has P-Resist + resistant to all elements and he is neutral to Lightning. What's the best way to attack Ariel? Chargeless or with dual charge?

Also, when revamp comes and dual charging makes us element neutral, does this mean attacking PB with Dual Charge Holy+Lightning is better than attacking with Lightning alone? What about P-Resist for Dual Charge and Single Charge?

4) Is there a cooldown on DR? Attacking PB out of DR for 10 seconds then crashing will give me 30 seconds. After the crash ends, will PB immediately DR?

5) What's the strongest attacking Familiar? I need a couple since 1 familiar isn't going to survive for an hour. I haven't looked at the Chief Knights and what kind of attacks they do.

6) How much damage does normal attack do with a Giant Potion? I'm wondering if it will give the me the range + damage to hit Ariel and Birdies+Wisemen constantly at a good rate if ACB fails to do it quickly enough.

2. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

No, ACB cannot hit the Bird Statues, unfortunately, and Pink Bean's DR lasts 25 seconds and he casts it about every 43 seconds, starting from 90% HP.

3. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

Dark Impale (270%)
    http://www.southperry.net/maplerange...by=0&size=1024

Charged Blow (255%)
    http://www.southperry.net/maplerange...by=0&size=1024

Is 15% really the difference between hitting and not hitting? @_@

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

acb CAN hit the statues, you need to be pretty close though

it's nice to have for all the status effect PB causes, but not really important since you can all cure through it, empress is different.

paladin stuff, i dunno

43 second cooldown from the time he casts it.

dunno, just go with useful stuff o.o

birds and the lady can only be hit by jump+acb (blast in ariel's case) you can also use SD on ariel from the very top platforms

5. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

I heard PB only Seduces when he faces left. Is there something he doesn't do when he faces left*?

And I'm mostly concerned with the right bird statue. Can ACB hit both Wiseman+ Birdy? or do I need to use SD or something.
    Last edited by Sephie; 2012-07-31 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typo

6. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

ACB can hit the bird statues. Left statue can be crashed.
    2. Right Bird has multiple seduce skills, and the cooldown is very short.
    Also, there is no point in facing pink bean to the left. All that does is add a stun and seduce attack, as opposed to only a reverse and 1/1 seal.
    3. For me, my damage is 1/3 neutral bosses(like rex) than pink bean.
    Best way to attack ariel is dual charging fire & lightning.
    You probably can do more damage with nothing, but i honestly don't think it is worth losing the mastery.
    4. Don't know.
    5. 43 second interval. You will always crash after DR dies. You only have enough leg room to crash one DR
    6. The one with the high damage and fast attacks. I couldn't tell you though.
    7. It isn't worth giant potioning. Just jump and ACB.

7. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

So if I crash as soon as DR dies out, he'll cast (and fail) it at the very end of the crash which gives me about 1 minute of attacking each time right?

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

not guaranteed, but yes, i just keep timer and crash 5 seconds before he is going to DR, there's a slight chance of him not using DR fast enough if you crash as soon as he's out of it

9. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

@Sephie
    I've seen pallies hitting bird statues with jump+acb from the prophet statues.
    After the patch where blast becomes 6hits, bosses' elemental reductions don't apply to charges.
    Like even if you use Holy+Lightning you won't get your damage reduced.

10. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

1) yes
    2) There may be familiars or nebs that have status resist
    3) hm... no idea, maybe only lightning charge? And after the revamp dual charging will be better, lighting+ holy will not be resisted my PB holy resist. Unfortunately the only way i know of avoiding P-resit is elemental reset, which only mages get.
    4) I dont know, you may want to watch some videos of other warriors soloing, or i am sure some of the more experienced PBers would know.
    5) The Strong Hold mobs and Cygnus instructors have some of the highest attacks (some bosses have some good attacks too). They are really rare though, from lv184-200 i only found 2 familiar cards. You may want to go with mutant snail and castle golems as they heal hp/mp and have decent attack. (Mutant pigs are not a bad idea to switch to right before you kill PB as they increase drop)
    6) i would not recommend using a giant potion. chances are you will not do enough damage or you will die.

Hope i helped

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

yes, yes they can. heck, i could with impale back when it was 250px, and bomber the pally up there has also said he can, plus i've been in runs with pallies that hit the birds.

12. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

Only think about Acb is you have to jump,and be somewhat close to the line.
    Best plan is that you jump and then go forward in the middle of the jump, as you will slightly move forward. This gets you to the farthest distance needed to hit them.

13. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

yeah, sorry i thought i had changed it.

14. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

Mages don't even need P-resist for pink bean. They use magic attacks.
    Phantoms are the only one with a use for elemental reset.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

PB is fire and ice strong so mages still need elemental reset. Also teleport mastery is a physical atk.

16. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

Your main attack is poison. I/l's main attack is lightning.

17. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

Hm, I never thought about using giant potions on the eagle statues.
    Can they be hit safely as giants?.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

F/ps should ALWAYS be using there DoT skills and 2 of them are fire and yes DoT is affected by elements.

EDIT: oh and i think its the same for i/ls except there DoTs are ice

19. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

I know they're affected.
    @Green4Ever; Do you you every single last one of your f/p DoT skills?
    I'm pretty sure I/ls don't benefit in DPS from spamming their DoT skills, let alone spamming over 5 DoT skills as an f/p mage.

20. Default Re: Paladin Pink Bean Solo Tips?

Elemental Resist does not affect non-magical skills, and the magical attacks most likely to get stolen would be CL or Paralyze anyway.