5. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Tried getting Sora, got it, but once I deleted it and tried to create it on my other PC to hold it, it was taken within 5 seconds.

Either someone was really lucky (or spamming enter a ton for that specific IGN) or there truly is a IGN botting program.

6. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

For some reason all the IGN's I wanted are unchanged so.. either they logged in or nexon didn't change all names.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Or they are on the same account with a level 200 character.

I'm actually surprised at how many of my buddies' and guildies' names didn't get changed, people I haven't seen in years. Either they logged in sometime in the past 3 years, or Nexon missed some accounts for whatever reason.

8. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

There were actually a surprisingly large amount of "good" names available. Even ones I thought bots would get to first.

9. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

I honestly thought I'd miss getting 'Robbie', but I didn't. Now I just have to wait till it's safe to change my ign, and I have to figure out which character to change.

10. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Keep getting error 11002 -_-

11. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Bah, the name I wanted most has been attached to a level 13 scania warrior for years now. Wasn't one of the ones that got opened up. ;-;

12. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

This. I went on my fiancee's account to get a few igns they wanted, but when I went to my account, I get 11002 if I use Gamelauncher, and Nexon Launcher tells me to redownload completely. Both of them fail to completely load images for me as well.

EDIT: And now trying Nexon Launcher gives me "Error: An unknown network error occured." Restarting my computer did nothing.

13. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Exactly. I had to make a sacrifice to do this, and now it's not even working. Anyone know how to fix it?

And so much for getting the IGNs I wanted -_-

14. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Very silly of you to delete it so quickly. Some people will have their bots running for over a week because they know people will be doing what you were doing. I know of at least 7 people who had clbs sniping igns. Of course, for sure, there was likely twice that amount.

15. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

I'm getting the same error as well, and I also can't access the MapleStory website. Most likely something is happening at Nexon HQ, maybe a DDoS attack?

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

just a recommendation but all of you who got the name you wanted on a mule, i'd recommend not posting it until it's on the character you want it to be. i might be paranoid but i'd rather be so than robbed.

edit: i'm another that can't log in nor access nexon servers / website. well i can access the dragon nest site and i'm sure you guys can too.

17. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

So someone on Basil had this theory:

"Someone is/People are DDOSing the website and login servers, while avoiding the actual game servers, so they can take names and no one else can get in and try taking names. Surprised it took them so long to do it, really.

**Edit:** Actually, they seem to be DDOSing the actual, initial authorization server. This is really only useful for the purpose they're using it for, as I mentioned: Keeping people from logging in or going to the login screen, so only all their already-logged-in characters are there and can take names."

Seems to be the most likely explanation, since lots of people are reporting the same errors now.

18. Default Re: [Complete] Scheduled Server Maintenance - October 15, 2015

Edit: Nix that. Gonna head out and take care of offline junk; odds are server issues will be dealt with before I'm at my computer again.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Or maybe the server is just overloaded with everybody and their bot trying to create characters with every "good" name imaginable.

20. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

Yeah, it was my mistake, but those IGN botters...

Wouldn't make a difference of when I did it, though...I'm sure the botters will be running 24/7 throughout the entire event duration.