1. Default The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of Asi

More...

2. Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

What.

Today I learned Americans are not cultured enough in the mobile, electronic arts.

3. Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

Semirelated. I dislike Facebook and I am worried about what they may do to WhatsApp. .__.

If anyone is looking for a WhatsApp alternative, Line by Naver is pretty decent. Line also has free phone calls to other Line users as well.

Another alternative (one that I have not used) is Viber. They recently were purchased by Rakuten.

4. Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

I uninstalled WhatsApp and use Viber now.

5. Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

I have been using Viber, it works decently enough on my S4.

Also, don't know if this is true or not, but I heard Whatsapp saved your contacts on their own servers?

6. Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

I have changed phones and phone OS's enough to know that yes, WhatsApp saves your contacts on their servers.

What sucks is that I JUST paid for a years worth of services with WhatsApp not 1 week ago.

7. Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

Main problem with these apps is that they totally depend on other people using them. I'm in Europe, where WhatsApp has a practical marketshare of 100% and I'm the only idiot concerned enough to switch to another app.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

wtp are you guys using?
    Go Telegram
    https://telegram.org/

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

I've been a LINE user for years now to text gaming friends. It's fun to have complete conversations using only stickers

It will be really interesting to see if the $16b price tag pans out, but I'm betting not.

10. Default Re: The DeanBeat: What Facebook’s $16B acquisition of WhatsApp says about the rise of

>implying I'll convince all my friends to switch.

It was a pain to switch to Viber, doubt I'll manage to do it again.

If only I could manage to convince people to switch out of Skype.

11. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I've been using KIK mainly cause my friends are almost all there and I'm not a big fan of giving my phone number to the app or my contacts.

It does the job well for me, no ads and the extra features aren't bad either. Videos, pictures, memes and stickers and it even has games now I think.