IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default MapleStory New CM

The new CM comes on Jan. 11th, though may not introduce themselves day 1 because HR.

Source:
    http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.p...2353746&nxid=6

2. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Let's see how long this one lasts.

3. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Poor guy

4. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

dis gonna be "SUPER FUN" guys ! have fun cleaning up rebot huehue

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

And then the replacement will find out just exactly why the predecessors left, and will also leave.

6. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Didn't most/many of them get fired? There was Aurtax, Girasol and Artasi who almost got fired (all for standing up for the players/community)

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/...monday/cyqaqgw

While obviously he would not be badmouthing Nexon in public, there was no need for him to publicly defend them, either.

Not sure what to think about the new CM being someone he worked with in the past. On the one hand, it's good to have someone who is familiar with Nexon and maybe MapleStory itself. They're unlikely to have unreasonable expectations and get burned out or fired quickly. On the other hand, they'll have all the same preconceptions. But we'll see.

Girasol rage-quit. Hime and Artasi left to pursue better opportunities, as did MysteryMask (albeit still at Nexon). Aurtax is the only one who was fired, as far as I know.

8. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Well, apparently Artasi got threaten with being fired after expressing outrage after learning that Tower of Oz stuff would be in Marvel.

Also, thank you for clarifying....wasn't really involved during the Girasol episode

9. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Artasi wasn't doing his job, he slept through a few work days (according to what I heard). Mysterymask switched opportunities because she had the same problem that Hime did, no one really listened to her. Hime rage quit pretty much, she was extremely frustrated as to how Nexon treated her, especially as one of the original staff, you talk to her privately and she has nothing but animosity towards them.

And this is why I think anyone who still plays this game, let alone tries to help it (see lolmaplebrigadev2), are either incredibly naive or masochistic. Girasol was the writing on the wall, Mysterymask's communication with me just confirmed everything I assumed. The management at nexon is taking advice from what I can only imagine are marketing campaigns who are showing graphs that "HEY, THIS IS A WANTED ITEM, THE WHALES IN THE GAME WILL PAY TO GET SAID ITEM".

These are problems that you can't "work with nexon" to fix, a lot of people just have this theory that the CM doesn't have enough power, that the people voices aren't heard, stuff that as an outside individual you just don't see. Volunteer programs, they are thankless jobs, they organized thoughts, but they were already thoughts conveyed through petitions, ticketing systems, mail, email, the point isn't that we're invisible, they just lost faith in the game, they are completely out of touch how to manage it.

You know why in Korea, Maplestory is the second biggest MMORPG in terms of popularity? Because Korea understands their demographic, Korea, knows how people play their game, why they play and how to keep them without breaking them. Nexon America, whether by leash or ignorance, does not. In fact the CEO of Nexon wasn't even aware Internet cafes in the USA was an uncommon occurrence, and believes Cell phone games are the future.

Let me put in perspective what that person is saying. The company believes that cheap, gimmicky, quick cash grab games are the future. Your first conclusion was he supported 'mobile' and 'convenience' but the evidence of how they manage their game, how they treat their consumers, really convenience is the last thing on their mind. They treat maplestory like a modern cell phone game, no CM/Volunteer program is going to save it, they know what we want, they just don't see it as a wise investment because no one has told them this in a business context. That isn't the only hurdle though, you not only have to change the context but you also have to present it where it supersedes their clearly 3rd party consultants.

My theory? We literally have to wait until they find a new west "one hit wonder", where they don't depend on Maplestory for their cheap cash grabs, only then they'll start taking risks that benefit the players and long term revenue. Maplestory clearly needs to focus on holding onto a player base. Honestly this reboot thing was promising, I knew they'd f`uck it up somehow but even my imagination wasn't vast enough to see they would blatantly ignore hacking. If this isn't proof they gave up on the issues that we have, and just want the game to run, and the same players to play, I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully in the next decade their IP will be affordable, and I'll f`ucking buy it.

10. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Maybe the new CM will decide to add violet cubes to the cash shop permanently.

11. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...ved%26nxid%3D6

12. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

with a name like KThxBaiNao I don't expect him to hang around very long ????

13. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Who wants to ask if he plans on attempting to repair the damaged relationship with Southperry?

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

should we even try? i mean we probably were part of that advice (as in don't even man, they're EEEVIL)

15. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

What, literally, have we got to lose in asking?

16. Default Re: MapleStory New CM

Hmmm, Platinum rank in League, actually played Maple (as shown by screenshots), and good-looking? Well well o3o

17. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Relevant

So he's brand new and probably has less clout than the last guy. This should be entertaining.