1. Default [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

This is a video featuring the Solo modes of the newly introduced "Great Battle of Sengoku" System. I do Very Hard Attack, Very Hard Defend, and Hard Defend on my Lv.168 Paladin.

Attack mode is pretty simple. You must destroy the fort at the right side of the map while keeping enemies from passing your starting point. This isn't too hard, except for the fact that the towers do insane amounts of damage (1-hit me). Thankfully dying doesn't really matter.

Defend mode is also a pretty simple concept. You must defend your tiny fort (Seriously, they get this huge one with beam technology and you get this pathetic pile of boards, what the hell?) from enemies and also the Ballista that spawn. Five spawn over the course of 10 minutes, and if you fail to destroy them in time you instantly fail.

Very Hard Defend seems to be impossible without having a certain damage range, or you have to do something I don't know about. The stupid thing healed after about 15 seconds and it was impossible for me to destroy it in time. I thought maybe it was the enemies nearby, so I started killing them but the one directly on top of it didn't help, and I didn't get to attack the machine in time after the second guy was killed. If they didn't have an influence on it I simply don't understand it then. Since I failed Very Hard, I kept it in the video just to show it and did Hard.

Either way, the system is pretty fun. Solo and Multi-player modes change the map up (The Multiplayer map is impossible to do solo, too many spawns in multiple directions/locations). I look forward to doing this with some friends in the future, maybe I'll upload a Party run.

Enjoy.

Note: Anyone who's played KMS and Aswan...how similar is it? Just curious, not that it really bothers if it's just a completely reskinned Aswan.

There is also a Hunt Mode, which gives you an hour in an area with monsters exactly your level. There's at least one quest that deals with it, but the drop rate of the item is low and I haven't completed it yet.

2. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Is it me, or does that red bearded guy at the beginning look a lot like Yosemite Sam?
    Anyways, it is a LOT like Aswan.

3. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

He kinda does.

And I figured. I don't mind though, it's still fun.

4. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Only watched the first bit but looks pretty identical to Aswan except all the towers in Aswan show their HP bar at the top like a boss does. The rock falling animations are the same if I recall correctly too.

Aswan was a lot of fun despite the fact that on most modes, the laser sweep the last tower did OHKO my Mercedes and Phantom and always hit unless I was out of range or had my Dodge activate. i.e. no iframes could dodge it.

5. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Modded Aswan system. Cool.

6. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

I don't really mind the fact that it's a modded Aswan. It's pretty fun and it's something... I can actually die in easy if I don't dodge anything. Go figure. The music is amazing as well. I could listen to it all day.

7. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Yeah that music is really good. I'd say it's probably the best in the game at the moment almost. Beats Ruined NLC theme.

8. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Yeah, the music is pretty epic now that I listen to it.

9. Neutron Male
    IGN: Konfus
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 145
    Job: Shiny
    Guild: something
    Alliance: something else
    Illinois

Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

So it's just an Aswan reskin?
    Bummer :L
    Music is nice though.

10. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

When I read this, I remember the community:

Aswan reskin = "Meh. I'm okay with it."
    Dragon Warrior reskin = "OMGPINEAPPLESEVERYWHERESETNEXONONFIRE!!!"

Sure, okay.

I don't mind either way. Did you all get the prenerfed version?

11. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Well, there's a pretty significant difference between reskinning a party quest and creating a "new class" that's basically the combination of two classes, while denying those classes their revamp. With a NX based Link Skill.

Especially when one of those classes gets outdamaged by Bishops without the revamp.

12. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

How can you possibly compare the two?

Aswan is something that was never in the game prior to the point it was added in KMS. It was never in JMS before either. They gave it a Japanese theme because that's what the Japanese players wanted (They said so in the interviews).

Dragon Warrior, and it's reskin, on the other hand, are a class that's a complete and utter mash up of two already existing classes with absolutely no changes in between. They took both Pirate classes, took a few skills from each, and tried to pass it off as a new and innovative character. It wasn't.

One is a new system being redesigned to fit the player base's wishes. The other is a useless class with no innovation or differences what so ever to what was already in the game.

People hated Dragon Warrior when it was made, and were not any happier when it was reskinned into GMS.

13. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

aswan ..lol....I just saw the jp aswan.lol

14. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Say, whats going on with your ACB?
    It stabs and seems awfully slow for a 1 handed sword user.
    I use the 2 hamded empress mace and I feel like mine is even faster + I dont stab.

Anyway, yeah this is just like aswan but cooler if you ask me. I love the sumurai theme and stuff.

15. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Somehow made me think dynasty warriors. (wants to play that now...)
    Love the music, The party quest itself doesn't look that much fun, But god it looks beautiful.

16. Default Re: [JMS] The Great Battle of Sengoku Solo Attack + Defend Modes

Empress 1h is Fast (5), not Fast (4). Outside of that, no idea. I might have forgotten Booster a couple of times or something, sometimes my controller's Up on the D-Pad doesn't cooperate and I don't really notice cause it's the first buff I use.

That's because it wasn't in Party Quest mode. As I said in the description, the Party versions have different, better, more difficult maps that I couldn't possibly solo for my video. Might do one later.