Thread: Help on IAs

1. Default Help on IAs

So I finally managed to obtain a Unique IA and need some advice regarding what to do with it.

My aim is for a minimum of 25% critical rate so that I'll have 100% critical rate, aside from that my class is a Phantom and my range's ~630k buffed with 176% boss, what would be the best way to:

1) Get more honor to lock lines?
    2) Make use of the other two lines?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Help on IAs

On unique the highest crit rate attainable is 20

The other two lines can be anything along the lines of buff duration, att speed (for whenever you aren't using hurricane-esque skills ie training), item drop, and boss

The best way to get honor in the long run is... to train; yea, it sucks, but you can do daily bosses too

3. Default Re: Help on IAs

Doesn't MSEA still have access to Azwan supply mode? If so, do that.

4. Default Re: Help on IAs

We still have it, but it only gives about 100 Honor per run.

It seems like the best thing to do would be to get to a semi-useful IA first and farm for Honor until I have enough to gun for Legendary Tier, +1 attack speed would be somewhat useful for Penombre spamming at Twilight Perion and I'm not hoping for level 3 link skills or Beast Tamer to be released at MSEA any time soon, both of which would bring up my critical rate to 100% with a maxed critical Unique IA and my DSE glove.

On that note, how much range would I need to take on Aswan Hell mode? It seems possibly doable with AB's level 2 link skill but it'll probably be months before my equips are fully re-scrolled for maximum damage.

5. Default Re: Help on IAs

I don't recall Azwan hell mode being too difficult if you can hit beyond 1m.

6. Default Re: Help on IAs

IMO, the best bet is Miracle Circulator. I got to Legendary in just less than 10 tries on 3 characters.

Also, Miracle Circulator gives maximum stats of each line.

7. Brick Male
    usa

That's just luck. The same luck from using honor exp. Except one uses money and one doesn't. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Once at legend though, miracle circs could be used to get max crit, but that is also luck.

8. Default Re: Help on IAs

I always get max stat. I don't think it is just luck. Unless you are trying to get certain line.

9. Default Re: Help on IAs

Stats etc. are locked to their tiers, so there isn't a variable range within a stat tier anymore.

It's painful to lock Unique and Legendary, but it's much more painful to lose those ranks.

Hadriel

10. Brick Male
    usa

Miracle circs always give max of the stats in the tier the line is (ie buff duration on an epic tier line will always be 25% with miracle circs, whereas it can be anywhere from 18 to 25 with honor)

Luck comes in because despite that, there are many many garbage lines that remain

11. Default Re: Help on IAs

Only circulators (in-game and miracle) follow that logic, using honor to reset allows for some variance, but with a smaller range than before.

12. Default Re: Help on IAs

Yeah I forgot about that... I've been out of touch from the game for quite a long time.

I have 3.5 weeks that I could come back for a while. Maybe I'll nose around for a bit.

Hadriel

13. Default Re: Help on IAs

I'd rather not use cash circulators haha, so it seems the best way would be to save circulators from Black PB as a backup and get crit + boss + %drop/buff/Attack until I can upgrade to legendary.

Which brings me to my next question! Some people have said that Attack stats from IAs don't stack with ATT%, is this true?

14. Default Re: Help on IAs

I think so. It's a long way back since I saw the calculations though, but 20WA really means 20WA, not 20+2WA even if you have 10%ATT.

Hadriel

15. Default Re: Help on IAs

I see, that's too bad since it'd add a lot more to my range otherwise and I could use all the WA as a Phantom. Thanks for the clarification.

16. Default Re: Help on IAs

It's one of the interesting times when raw WA and +ALL were actually pretty decent IA stats for a Xenon for an average player (I had +30ALL, unique IIRC). For most other players, unfortunately the best ones are still +1passive, +1IAS, %cr, %boss and %BD (or if you're farming, %drop and %meso).

Hadriel

17. Default Re: Help on IAs

Yeah, % drop will be useful since drop rates are absolutely horrible at MapleSEA and it'd help with getting more medals of honor, if you get what I mean. On that note, do all %drop rates stack together? Asking because Final Judgement Draw + Showdown + drop % IA could yield some interesting results.

18. Default Re: Help on IAs

They should at least stack additively... Ask the people who often do the drop rate stats coz that's not me.

Hadriel