Thread: gif editing...

1. Default gif editing...

I have gimp however...I don't know how to remove black/colored backgrounds from gifs...so if someone could help..then please remove the black backgrounds from the xenon skill gifs.

2. Default Re: gif editing...

I use Fireworks o.o

You could also just extract the skills yourself.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: gif editing...

afaik you can't do it since those gifs you're referring to have merged the transparent layers with the black background. so it will look weird.

4. Default Re: gif editing...

download the gimp animation package

there will be an optimize for gif option that will add transparency between layers that there is no color change detected on

5. Default Re: gif editing...

I have gimp already but the problem is how do I remove the black from the already saved images i download off of orangemushroom

6. Default Re: gif editing...

Just make a transparent background in another file, select everything except the black background, and copy it over?

7. Default Re: gif editing...

easier said than done I want it to be good quality but the black is still stuck in the some of the parts of the image

8. Default Re: gif editing...

Not sure if this is the right terms/tools, but:
    Use the magic wand, non-contiguous, and you can select all black (and shades if you want), and then just unselect parts of the skill/character. It may take a while, but it should work.

Actually, that's probably a bad idea because of all the black outlines characters have... Well, you could always go pixiel by pixel.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: gif editing...

best tip i'd give you would be to either extract them yourself (and then put them in whatever background you want or use a no-background format)

you might want to ask locked or something about that.

10. Default Re: gif editing...

Have you tried photoshop/image editing forums? I'm sure they would be more of a help.