Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

The reason for me asking is with the new alien socket system I could potentially achieve my goal of having very little Mp usage.
    I currently have:
    3 per 10 base
    14 per 4 on my earring
    = 228 Mp per Minute
    I'm looking for the per minute Mp usage of OS, OS+FB, and FT at speed 2,3, and 4
    And whether or not the soon to be released Nebulite could help me get recover about as much as I use or a little more.

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

This is a very strange goal.

3. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

I don't think it is. I find that Aran sucks up MP way too fast for the amount that he gets. I burn through mana pots quite fast on Aran.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Let me rephrase, this is a very strange method for optimizing MP usage. I obviously haven't done the math, but it would seem that sacrificing str for mp recovery would be counterproductive to conserving MP.

I'm also at a bit of a loss about why reducing MP pot usage would be a priority. MP potions aren't that expensive.

5. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Using the potential system one can already raise their damage a great deal and once we stack potential 2.0 on top of it we will most likely have some leeway with which to add in some utility. For instance the Mp/4 Nebulites only work on accessories leaving My weapon and armor Nebulites for more damage increasing stats, minus the +3 seconds of invincibility top/bottom/overall Nebulite that I want.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

So you're already hitting damage cap on whatever mobs/bosses you kill? If you have that kind of funding, why bother saving MP pots? Why not just use a pet with autoMP?

I don't mean to be belligerent; I really just don't see the motivation.

7. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

I have no kind of funding, but if these nebulites are a relatively farmable drop I might be able to move up just a little. Also even though I might never Empress it still has a potion cooldown.

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

OK then. Trust me when I say that MP usage is not an issue at empress. You will be far more concerned about HP and must use elixers because of cool down

9. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

For everywhere aside from potion lock maps just use a Jr Boogie familiar, your MP should stay pretty much full all the time with one of those summoned.

10. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

I am currently resistant to using familiars until I know if their names can be changed.

11. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

When you double click to register then you're able to give them names, if that's what you mean.

12. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

I think he's talking about changing names after you registered them.

Not using familiars because you can't change names? That's a stupid reason, and it's blocking your way to your lower MP consumption plan.

13. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

True.

14. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Oh, right. I'm not sure if you can change them or not, maybe after the 30 days if up and you have to re-register them? I can't remember for sure. Either way, if you're looking for a way to keep your MP up, Jr Boogie familiar will help a ton.

15. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Yeah, it does 5% every 5 seconds or so, on my 1800MP Aran that's 90mp which is more than anything else could really add up to.

16. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

I thought it was 15% per 10 seconds?

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Actually I believe Jr. Boogie heals 15% MP every time.

Unfortunately, at bosses I usually prefer to have no familiars summoned, because they aggro the mobs. If I do use a familiar, it's a Big Spider or Mutant Ribbon Pig for extra drops.

18. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Overswing's first hit is 420ms the 2nd hit is 660ms and I think it's 540ms for regular attack all at normal 6. Final Toss is 420ms.
    Assuming maxed:
    1st hit of overswing: 20 MP
    2nd hit of overswing: 22 MP
    Final Toss: 25 MP

Boostered speeds (faster 2):
    overswingDouble: 330ms
    overswingTriple: 510ms
    Regular attack: 420ms
    finalToss: 330ms
    I think

19. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Once registered, Familiar names cannot be changed even if they are reobtained after expiring.

20. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Familiars don't aggro mobs.