1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Exclamation Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post12424899

2. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

We'll see how long this lasts.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

Or until KThxBaiNao goes bye-bye. Whichever comes first.

4. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

at least his name is a self fulfilling prophecy

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

wew lad

6. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

Is that a second chance 6.0 I hear? Sounds like it!

7. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

Numbers must not be looking so great.

8. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

So they're doing this thinking it'll deter people from hacking/exploiting their game? The way I see it, they're gonna end up doing the opposite with this...

By making all permanent ban worthy violations permanent with no chance of appeal (aka maximum penalty) this just encourages people who know they might get permanently banned to go to the extreme and cause maximum damage to the game/game economy.

" In addition, by in effect making the punishment for child rape and murder equivalent, a State that punishes child rape by death may remove a strong incentive for the rapist not to kill the victim. Assuming the offender behaves in a rational way, as one must to justify the penalty on grounds of deterrence, the penalty in some respects gives less protection, not more, to the victim, who is often the sole witness to the crime. "
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-343.ZO.html

Also, if permanent bans are permanent and people who are temp banned must serve the whole duration, what's the point of having a ban appeal department?

9. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

I guess they did listen to some of my suggestions in MLC. Only disappointment is that this change isn't retroactive.

10. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

I'm pretty happy about this change in all honesty. It always should've been in place.

11. Default Re: Ban Policy Revisions (2/29/2016)

I'd rather not be removed from rankings over nexon's incompetence to code and prevent the entire zombie event incident from happening.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

This is aimed mostly at script kiddies, BT users, programmable controller abusers, and just plain keyweighters, as well as people who abuse buggy content with no need for "3rd party tools" (like the recent Hunter's Club glitch). They do it because they want to gain some advantage in the game, and up until this policy change, there was no reason (other than one's own conscience) not to.
    If they are deterred from even starting to cheat - or convinced to stop right now - they'll never be in the position you describe, of having nothing more to lose.

Also, perma ban is hardly the maximum penalty, in a game where making a new account is so easy.

Yes, some of the banned will get mad enough to want to hurt the game, but the company has had to deal with vindictive and malicious people all along. If they fear them so much they refrain from punishing any abuse, the game will die anyway for lack of legitimate players.

As for the ban appeal department, it's there for people who were wrongfully banned. Hopefully the GMs manning it will actually investigate the appeals, rather than simply releasing any "first offender" from their ban, regardless of evidence.

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Your optimism knows no bounds.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

Perhaps I should have phrased that a bit differently.
    The intention is that the GMs manning it will actually investigate the appeals.
    Whether Nexon is actually going to allocate sufficient manpower and other resources to that task...