Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACTA.

1. Default ACTA.

Since the SOPA thread has already done its purpose, I feel as if more attention is needed to this treaty.
    A brief Youtube video explaining it.

And another.

The actual treaty.(PDF)

2. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Re: ACTA.

world's got a hard-on for the big brother thing nowadays eh?

3. Default Re: ACTA.

look! more people who don't know what the internet is capable of and how awesome the internet really is!

I mean really though. Did any of these people see what the internet did to the FBI when it shutdown Megaupload? Do you really wan the entire internet to hate you that much?

4. Default Re: ACTA.

Apparently, people underestimate the power of several thousand people DDoSing a site at once.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

I think people grasp the power a DoS attack really has. At that's not much power at all. It's the equivalent of tearing down a promotional poster. It sends a message sure, but frankly, I don't think these people care that much.

6. Default Re: ACTA.

Well, it's a propaganda thing.
    It's not directed at the site, it's to draw attention to the cause.
    It's like taking a wrecking ball and smashing the wall with the poster on it, then shooting off fireworks.

7. Default Re: ACTA.

Huh?
    I'm sure (but not 100% sure, so if I'm wrong anyone is welcome to correct me) that most media wont cover it (or at least the big ones) so the only people that would hear of it are the ones that would like that building torn down, only problem is that the wall the wrecking ball smashed was just the fence wall (or how ever its called) so at most the ones in the building got a little annoyed at having to fix it.
    And I'm pretty sure they wont go deeper because that would mean jail time for almost all the kids doing the DDoS inside the US.

8. Default Re: ACTA.

I dunno, it was all over the news after they DDoS'd the DoJ.

9. Default Re: ACTA.

Well good to see I was wrong, was thinking they didn't report it since it took like a couple of months (or was it a couple of weeks?) for the big networks to report about occupy wall street.

10. Default Re: ACTA.

That was only 5600 people, and they took down several large label music/movie corporations, the RIAA, the MPAA, and DoJ, too. Hardly the entire internet; even just 100,000 people could take down the entire US government indefinitely. So yes, technically, they are underestimating people, but only because the internet is such a bottleneck at this point computers can outprocess it a million times over.

11. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Its like... a lot of people even bother checking those sites in the first place? What do you win taking down sites that doesnt get much trafic in the first place?

12. Default Re: ACTA.

I think they notice it since they're making more aggressive attacks (not too aggressive):
    http://teammichaeljackson.com/archives/3468 (only english source I could find)
    In spanish (there are several news sites reporting it but its pretty much the same everywhere):
    http://mx.noticias.yahoo.com/anonymo...171700290.html

13. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Sad thing is, just online "Protesting" isnt going to cut it. It needs to be mixed with some real protesting and phone calls and pomegranate to stop the retarded bills on their tracks.

14. Default Re: ACTA.

Depends on if they are just targeting the web servers. If they are bringing down some of the internal servers used for actual business, it is an issue, but yeah, if it's just the webservers, unless it's an ecommerce site it's not a big deal.

15. Default Re: ACTA.

What the hell's with all these terrible bills?

Congress needs an overhaul starting with the SOPA creator.

16. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Congress? We need to pineappleing restart the world and see if we dont pineapple it up again.

17. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

I shall begin working on that judgement day device, expect it to be finished around december.

18. Default Re: ACTA.

lol you kidding right? When will the world stop being so pineappleing power and money hungry and use their heads for something productive?
    Starting by putting someone who knows how to send an email in charge of this acts/bills..