Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Massive board reorganization

Right now, the boards are CLUTTERED. Time for some sprucing up! The following changes will merge or eliminate more than 50 boards and will make SP a little less vertically challenged. As for when these changes take effect, I do not know. I plan on doing these changes right after BDRyan patches SP to 4.0.2, so when that patching takes place this will occur as well.

Now is your time to sound off! Please let me know if you have any better/alternate suggestions.

-- Donators Forums get moved to be just below Nexon Announcements.

-- Under "Arts & Entertainment", a new board is created - "Other Nexon Games". The "Dungeon Fighter" and "Maplestory iTCG" boards are moved to subforums of "Other Nexon Games".

-- "Rules & Regulations" link under the Marketplace is removed. All rules for the Marketplace are instead incorporated into the regular Rules & regulations thread.

-- "Dungeon" is abolished

-- "Help & Tutorials" for Open Canvas is abolished

-- "Youtube Central", "Music", and "Movies" are all abolished. Either post in General Entertainment or in the Speakeasy (or better yet, post a blog). All threads from these respective boards will be merged into the main General Entertainment board.

-- "Southperry Studios" is abolished and not archived

-- The world forums will be massively reorganized to use only prefixes and will be contained within one board. The world forums board will contain three sub-boards --> "Guild Hall", "Party Formation", and "Zakum Helmet Advertising" each having respective world icon prefix assignments.

-- PC Gaming and Console Gaming will be merged to be "Gaming"

-- "Call to Action", "MapleBugs", "Technical Help", and "MapleGuides" will all be moved to be under a new heading called "Maplers helping Maplers"

-- The "General" heading will be changed to "Maplestory"

-- "Guild Videos" and "Boss Videos" are abolished. All threads will be merged into Maple Cinema

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

So, who wants to go on a campaign to save the Dungeon?

*crickets*

Dammit, I with Sign was here.

3. Default

I don't see anything wrong with this, aside from.. minor details such as the 'new' names for specific sections. "Talk about MapleStory" seems sorta long and redundant. Wouldn't MapleStory Discussion or just plain ol' MapleStory in and of itself be self-explanatory?

4. Default

shiiiiiiiiiit nigga

Can't really argue with any of these changes. For a minute I didn't like the idea of getting rid of Music and Youtube Central, but I don't really see the General Entertainment or Speakeasy boards becoming more cluttered as a result. I like the "Maplers helping Maplers" idea.

hahahahahahahaha

5. Default

Good point.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Blame the artists.

7. Default

However, Maplers helping Maplers seems fine, because had it been anything else such as:

-Help
    -MapleBugs

Whatever, it wouldn't have been detailed enough with just one or two words. So that one is fine, in my personal opinion. I'll give more suggestions if I can think of any.

8. Default

In the games forum any chance you could add tags like the announcements forum if someone made them? I only care to browse playstation/ds threads typically but I don't know what's new anymore. I think it would be convenient to have tags like PC, Playstation, XBox, Wii, DS, and PSP.

9. Default

Probably a bit too specific. I'd be willing to go PC/Console, but not PC/PSP/Playstation/Wii/DS.

10. Default

Most people can just specify certain threads too, Sarah. Ex:

<PSP> Monster Hunter 3 released!!!!!
    <GC> Post your SSBM combos here
    <N64> [...]

etc

Only takes a couple keystrokes during the 'thread title' input sequence, if they're too lazy to even do that, they shouldn't bother interacting with an online community.

11. Default

Prefixes can be forced. What you're saying cannot.

12. Default

If that's the case, the easiest way to do this would be to add console(s)-emoticons. Like in other forums, they'll have a small GC, DreamCast, 360, Xbox (and so on..) emotes specifically for thread-titles to identify what console the topic is about.

13. BDRyan

Just to let everyone know, as soon as I decide on a good time to run the upgrade, I'll have a notice up. All this cleaning out will be done at the same time as the upgrade (but right afterwards).

14. Default

No need to have icons for that. I'll just use text. I think it would be prudent to add "Multi" to the list.

15. Default

Points to this. It'd be nice if something was done because the training center ribbon still looks cluttered and ugly.

Edit: And it wouldn't just be Aran now, It could be called Legends and would encompass Aran, Evan, and the new thief class.

16. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

heres a question thats pestering me: what happened to the Democracy forum?

17. Default

^ Nothing happened to it. It's never been on the forum index; it's really just a dummy board used for commenting on polls.

18. Default

With the numerous other things a guild can sell/give out these days (HTP, scar/targa hat, MoN, skillbooks...), why only have a subforum specifically for zhelms? Wouldn't it just be better to have a general advertising board?

19. Default

I think we had HTP advertising before but there were problems with it. I don't recall what those problems were... pretty sure Isaac did the change. I'll check with him. Unless he knows something that went really wrong, then I don't see a problem in redoing it as general advertising for guilds.

20. Default

I totally like these changes.

It's a good idea reorganize the boards. They're a little too messy right now.