Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Photobucket account being closed

I'm no longer using photobucket for my image hosting. I'm now using a new server (Big thanks BullDog!) which allows me to have more control over how my images are used. I am particularly a bit upset about people stealing images and raising up my bandwidth usage to 150 - 200GB a month (even though my consumed space is only 125MB according to photobucket) which is something I hope to lower.

So, all images have been redirected to use the new server. Because I have access to certain abilities that allow me to prevent hotlinking, the following sites are the only ones which are able to hotlink from the new server:

1. www.southperry.net
    2. forum.asiasoftsea.net
    3. www.mapletip.com

If you would like your website added to this list, please contact me. Note that being on this list in no way, shape, or form makes Southperry.net an affiliate with any of these sites.

If you currently have a guide on Southperry which depended on my photobucket images, there's no need to worry. All of the pictures have been rehosted on the other server and your links are already changed for you

This is a reminder that if you want to use these images you should always re-host them for yourself. Or, you can simply link to the extraction topic that contains the image. Do not steal bandwidth!

2. Default

I'm going to put a blog up soon, and I would like your permission to use some of your images if that's ok. Not many, just some skill stuff probably.

Can I PM with everything when I'm ready?

3. Default

I always rehost the images on my photobucket account anyway. Glad you finally did something about the bandwidth thievery.

4. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Ah! So this is how you solved the problem with that other website that kept on steal-

Erm....yeah.

5. Default

http://ellinforest.com
    http://www.jms.mapleportal.com or http://mapleportal.com

Those are the KMS and JMS forums. We CAN extract our own stuff, but if you've already done it, we'd love to be able to use your images. =]
    Last edited by ShiKage; 2009-12-08 at 02:49 PM. Reason: loltypo

6. Default

I use a site infrequently that punishes hotlinking from their resources by permanently tagging the person's usertitle as "bandwidth thief" and banning him if he does it further. Something like that might be in order here, if bandwidth thieves are a problem

7. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Question Fiel: Does it cost more if you use more bandwidth?

8. Default

How exactly? The people hotlinking don't necessarily have to be users here. I mean, Fiel can make a shock image (or a sternly worded warning) show up to those not on the whitelist for loading the images at worst, but beyond that not too much else can be done.

9. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Leonage
    Server: Scania
    Level: 128
    Job: Arch Mage
    Guild: LouisVuitton
    Alliance: .

I really don't understand what the switch as for...

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Might i suggest a shock image that is revolting/warrants immediate ban on other forums?

11. Default

On photobucket, Fiel couldn't control what sites could use his images. With this switch, he can.

12. Default

What... ban on Southperry because we send them shock images? Sure. Yeah, that sounds great. We need more websites to ban Southperry.

It should be obnoxious, not vulgar.

13. Default

still have fast ftps for hosting if you ever run out of space :)

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

To be fair, basil doesn't even have image posting capabilities (and if they did SP is blocked anyway), and SW blocks SP, so no direct image posting there anyway.

What else is there that matters?

"It should be" implies you're actually considering the idea though, which is good.

15. Default

I concurr that all direct images that have no permissions should result in fail.jpg

Or perhaps we should have a nomination thread and then select a winner with voting afterwards.

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I nominate the SP horse.

17. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Fail.jpg is 83 kB. Ahh, the bandwidth.

y not smt lyk dis?

18. Default

This is really good but make it a gif that goes through "please wait." "please wait.." and "please wait..."