Straight Male

IGN: SheLikesIt
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Fatal <3
    Alliance: A bunch of homos

Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

holy pomegranate, you can reply without being a plantainhead. How bout we try this more often plantainhead?

OMG I got banned from this thread, i'm so sad QQ

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I do. It's why i don't have any active infractions, lmfao.

3. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Is it a good idea to make Barrage maxed? I mean Snatch and Barrage are useless, but I'm just wondering.

4. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

This had to be answered before, and probably many times, but I just can't find it for once. D:

May someone please be kind enough to post, or link the source, which pre-Justice Buccaneer skills turned into new ones post that patch? (E.g. Demolition turned Energy Blast) So I can know which of my already upgraded skills will need no new Mastery Books. Thank you in advance. C:

5. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

This is just from personal experience, but i do not find barrage useless at all. It has quite a bit of invincibilty frames, and timed right, i can go a good 10 minutes at zakum without getting hit (Not including rebuffing mind you), its really quite efficent when comboed with dragon strike for a 1v1 target. Snatch isnt too bad either, kinda like a reverse rush, make it easy to pull mobs towards you, but i only have it at 1 for now, doesnt seem maxable for damage anyways.

6. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Poor, poor %damage...

7. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

The highest amount of damage a single line of % STR can give is 1.09x, and this decreases as you get more % STR. Unless there is more than 80% Ignore Defense, a single line of Ignore Defense is going to be better than % STR vs a 70% Defense monster.

8. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

If you have the money to spend on books then go for it. Barrage gets turned into barrage 2.0 and snatch gets turned into some other sort of skill, so might as well max them if you don;t have anything else to do.

9. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

You're in your 180s, yes? By this point, you should probably have nearly everything maxed. If anything, add points to the skills just so you won't have to worry about mastery books after the revamp - that's what I did. Time Leap and Wind Booster don't need to be above level 1 (and it would be a waste of points at this point to max out Time Leap to 30, since its mastery level goes down).

Barrage -> Fist Enrage
    Super Transform -> Guard Crush
    Demolition -> Nautilus Warship
    Snatch -> Vipersition
    Energy Orb -> Energy Blast

10. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Thanks a LOT! Couldn't ask for something better.

11. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

I am in my 180's, but I have TL at 20, and I can understand as I use the Barrage > Jump Back > CSB > Repeat combo against Pink Bean and all, but it doesn't seem to be an honest to god move to put SP into. Same with Snatch.

Also, I made Speed Infusion maxed a while back... Lf> SP Reset.

12. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Since we just displayed very nicely in this thread that % defense ignore potential on a post-overhaul Viper is near useless, what would be the suggested Monster Book set?

Currently, I'm using that Cross Brigrade 1% all stats, ignore 15% defense bonus, but I was thinking maybe switching to the Zakum set's 2% Weapon Attack potential.

Is anything else suggested?

13. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Did you even bother to read my post?

14. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Nope. Should I?

15. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Simply bringing it up implies you should read it.

16. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

I did. I was being an ass right there. His post compares ignore defense to % STR, which is why I have no idea why he's bringing it up.

17. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

the bonuses aside from def ignore for codex are small enough that def ignore might be better even with defense break

id say go with leafre for the all skills anyways

18. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Getting the Horntail card might prove difficult for that. xd

Semi-related to both this conversation and this thread, would a Viper with a ~26k base range and a Paladin with a ~30k range be able to ever duo Horntail (either pre or post Justice)?

I don't have my hopes up and I have serious doubts.

19. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

If you at least have the 30% boss damage from full empress (which I think you have) then you should be able to solo in about 30 minutes max, I believe.

20. Default Re: Ask a Pirate Thread

Would anyone happen to know the skill id changes for corsairs? Cannon-->?