Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

I think the most important thing to ask is about the 90% scrolls. I'd really like if we're going to get them but thus far, the likelihood seems to be diminishing.

2. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

At the very least if they don't do the cube drops from bosses I hope they at least remove the exp penalty. It's not like we cant level, but Evo is/was a godsend for many who couldn't/can't train in party play areas. THat and fix the party play exp; it's dividing by the percent it should be boosting it by. Or maybe it's just the new area's party play thats messed up. I cant get a SH/HoH party to test that one.

And the seperate drops would kinda help but at the same time mess us up. Not really bad though. I was taking people on runs so they can get their skill books and it might result in the run being pointless if i say....bring an aran and Evan and they get each-others books.

But outside of that there's the random ppl that loot everything or don't follow loot order or just feel like since they have the highest range(even if they cant solo the boss) they deserve all of the drops.

Which could force more things like the need to actually have the party members in the map like with Ravana. Which could then lead to stuff like people not bossing at all, or only with mules. Its a good concept and something that probably should be implemented, but knowing this games player base it might cause more problems that it fixes.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

I've no idea what you're trying to say here.
    Party Play bonus exp is not dividing anything. However, it only applies to the base exp, not any other bonuses (HS, 2x, etc), so it's a lot less than we're used to seeing. Also, in Perion it's only 20%, as opposed to the 50% of previous Party Play areas.

4. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

We have these Nexon changed them to 20% with a 100% boom rate on failure.

5. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

Those are different ones. KMS got a batch of 90% +9 w/m.att scrolls during their Unleashed events.

6. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

Idk about now, I'll check later on tonight but I do know it was dividing. I noticed before that 8h 2x we had because my friends had planned on grinding to 210 in one day and was complaining about the exp decreasing. We were on skype so I asked if it was them looking at it incorrectly since 2x showed up as its own line of exp saying bonus exp and even when they added it up they were only getting a little more than 174k per kill w/ a full party. And they said that the extra was the bonus party exp you'd get regardless of if you were in party play or not. And they actually grinded for like 10h so after 2x was over they were only getting 87k.

@ TP Ancient Stone Golems you get about 260k exp per kill solo (I'll only be going to the third digit)
    20% bonus per member is doing this

@1 260k
    /1.2
    (216.6k)
    /1.2
    (you'd be getting a 40% boost for 2 people)
    @2 180.5k
    /1.2
    @3 150.462k
    /1.2
    @4 125.385k
    /1.2
    @5 104.488k
    /1.2
    @6 87.073k

Rather than

@1 260k
    *1.2 (312k)
    @2 374.4k
    @3 449.28k
    @4 539.136k
    @5 646.963k
    @6 776.355k

Unless it's just multiplied by the flat 120% in which case I have no idea why they were getting 87k rather than 118.181k since it was dividing by the boost. And even with the exp was getting split shouldn't it have been more, even if marginally, than the initial 260k even with only a 120% boost?

But if they fixed it already that's awesome.

7. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

They got them from Happy Times during the Lunar New Year event, which overlapped with the Unlimited event, but was not really a part of it. The Happy Times gave out various items, including the scrolls, and two of each of the Lunar New Year coins.

8. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know this.
    If that's the case, then we might be waiting a while to get the 90% versions.

9. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

Probably, but I'm just gonna continue hoping really hard that we get it with Unleashed anyway.

10. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

So that probably means we'll be waiting a while for the 100% 10w/matt then since it came from their tenth anniversary. Or was that also the Lunar New Year?

11. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

That was from a 10th Anniversary Hot Time, yes. If we were to get them, it would probably be for our next anniversary, rather than having to wait until the 10th.

They gave out 3 70% and 2 90% scrolls for the Lunar New Year Happy Time, but they also gave out 1 90% for some Spring event as well.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

What is dividing is the leech formula, dividing up kill exp between all the people of the party.
    Take your party to a non party-play zone and you'll observe the same lowering of base kill exp with more people in the party.
    20% party play bonus, not applied to HS and other exp buffs, just fails to make up for it, unlike the old 50%-multiplicative (which no longer happens at SH either).

Also, see this thread, starting at about this point, for some numbers and math.

13. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

I meant that even with the 120% boost ant the division of exp that normally happens including the variable based on how much of the mobs hp a person in particular removes being proportional to the amount of exp they get from that kill compared to the others in the party it seemed too low. Gonna redo the math. And thanks. I figured as much though since it was oly a 120% boost compared to the 300% boost you get elsewhere but i guess that just means that we either go in with a small party or solo for maximum results.

This is funny, being penalized for partying up, I thought their goal was the opposite.

@iAmFear

I only knew about the 3 70%'s and the 2 90%'s. Guess I gotta' hope there's a protect scrolls out whenever I get a Fafnir Desparado or w/e gms ends up calling them. And even then if all pass and we do get the 10w/matt that's...73 att from 7 scrolls. Get 3 20%'s to work, or if they do a hot day when/if we get the 100%'s that's easily a 300atk wep w/ only 5-6 enhances.

What I really wonder is if we can get KMS versions of bosses.

Our Normal Magnus need more luck than anything once he gets to 10% hp because of the green summon spam. Empress basically never stop's DR'ing w/ 3 plus people, unless it just does that when you have 3 Kaisers.

Man, I wish they'd buff mini-bosses so its actually...fun to beat them at lower levels.

14. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

You can also use my Exp Calculator page to show exactly what you can expect from the old exp vs new exp method. -
    http://www.thorrsoldhammers.com/msca...tyExpCalc.html

15. Default Re: Things GMS may (not) get

Yeah according to that this new exp is horrid. Well for 2x events since the bonus is removed from the base. otherwise it seems fine.
    Last edited by lulzace; 2013-07-07 at 01:34 PM.