IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

I was wondering which would be better (30% crit or 20% damage)
    20% damage seems better on the numbers, but 30% crit seems to deal more damage with the amount of criticals :/

I was wondering if anyone could help do some number crunching based on no se/dse, dse and se situations..

and also, does the 20% damage from lunar tide stack additively with dark cresendo and other total damage buffs? Would that make it less useful compared to 30% critical for skills outside of ender?

2. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

i use the 30% crit to get to 100% crit with decent se, it's way too much of a pain to try to keep lunar tide on damage

3. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

Since you get to Ender spam quite often I think the damage thing would be better.

4. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

I'm trying to figure out which is better for non-ender spam.. It's quite easy to control lunar tide with dsi and mana well :/
    trying to see which method maximize my damage output in bosses.. like mltc =/

5. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

Well just do [1 - crit rate + (crit rate * (mincrit + maxcrit)/2)] * [1 + total + boss] for both cases and see which one is higher.

6. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

erm, is the first crit rate before lunar tide, and the 2nd crit rate after lunar tide?

7. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

I'll crunch something later when I'm back from work. For now, please provide all your sources of max/mincritdmg, and % DMG/Hyper/Boss sources.

Hadriel

8. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

15% min crit from mastery
    SE 30% max crit, 20% crit rate or
    DSE 20% max crit, 10% crit rate
    30% damage from dark cresendo
    20% damage from lunar tide?
    10% damage from da's link skill
    20% damage for apocalypse - hyper
    none for reflection
    117% boss

9. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

You calculate X1 = [1 - crit rate lunar tide + (crit rate lunar tide * (mincrit + maxcrit)/2)] * [1 + total + boss]
    and X2 = [1 - crit rate + (crit rate * (mincrit + maxcrit)/2)] * [1 + total lunar tide + boss]

and see which one is higher

(1 - crit rate) x 100% is noncrit rate x damage that noncrits do, and crit rate * (mincrit + maxcrit)/2 is crit rate x damage that crits do.

10. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

I'll consider DSE only. Assume base 15% crit rate. Assume use Apocalypse.

Lunar Tide - crit rate

Range = (1 + 0.45*(0.35+0.7)/2)*(1 + 1.17 + 0.3 + 0.1 + 0.2)
    = 3.424

Lunar Tide - damage

Range = (1 + 0.15*(0.35+0.7)/2)*(1 + 1.17 + 0.3 + 0.1 + 0.2 + 0.2)
    = 3.203

Now consider Reflection:

Lunar Crit - 3.177; Lunar Dmg - 2.988

Basically you have so much Boss damage that 20% from Lunar Tide is insignificant, and because your DPS is weighted more heavily by crits due to a maxcritdmg component, so Lunar Tide is far superior when in crit rate mode.

Note: @MountLag; it is much faster to calculate average damage this way: (1 + critrate*bonuscritdmg). Saves a step.

Hadriel

11. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

Oh yeah yours is much simpler, thanks.

12. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

Never really experimented with Lunar Tide to improve damage output, I just usually spam my Potion Pot because I'm too scared to die.

13. Default Re: Lunar tide during non-equilibrium stages

You basically necro-ed a month-old thread, but anyway if you have DSE, then lunar tide on both sides give about the same bonuses with no boss damage but with the usual skills/links in non-Equilibrium phases. Given the amount of HP I recover on my Luminous per attack, for DPS optimisation it is essential to use Mana Bull after tanking some damage prior to using Memorise/Equilibrium.

With SE, you always stick to crit in non-Equilibrium phases.

I have almost never died on my Lumi, the exception being only due to DR or 1/1-potlag. With RED changes, Lumis become even more survivable.

Hadriel