Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Harrisonized

Default [Project] Partial Resistance

I want to compose a list of every monster's skill that are affected by Partial Resistance...

This is similar to the Elemental Resistance Project by keithcdcl except instead that I'm interested in those affected by Partial Resistance.

Also, unlike the Elemental Resistance Project, you do not need to post data about this, you only need to report it. If it's a Fire/Poison attack, I will check it out myself after it has been reported. If not, then I will trust your word on it.

So, if you find any monsters that you think should be on either list, please post it. (Be creative, yet descriptive, for the skill names) Also, if you find any errors in my work, then please inform me about it. Also, please pay special attention to the ones with the question marks next to them.

When you request a monster for the list, please state whether Partial Resistance works or not in your report. Don't just name a monster and expect me to guess whether or not it works.

Bold means confirmed once
    Bolded and colored one of the following colors:
    Fire
    Poison
    Ice
    Lightning
    means either:
    1) Confirmed twice
    2) Confirmed by myself

~~~~~

Here's how to test monsters that hit 1 damage on you.

1) Take off all equips
    2) If the monster still hits you with 1 damage, then it's a magic attack. (All your equips off = 0 wepdef)
    3) Equip your earrings, which should only have magic defense on them. If the damage decreases, then it's a magic attack.
    4) If you have equips with only weapon defense on them, equip them and turn on magic armor. If the damage decreases, then it's a physical attack.

Magic Attacks are generally decreased by Partial Resistance
    Physical Attacks are never decreased by Partial Resistance

~~~~~
    This section is for monster skills that Partial Resistance works on.

~~~~~
    This section is for the monsters skills that Partial Resistance does NOT work on, but should.

~~~~~
    Analysis

~~~~~
    Thanks to the following people for contributing to my Project
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-11-30 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Updating

2. Default

When Fiel has the database back up for Monsters, you can tell what attribute their attacks really are.

3. Harrisonized

What database?

4. Harrisonized

None of the links in his 'database' work. They all say this:

Not Found

The requested URL /database/character.html was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2 mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch13 mod_ruby/1.2.6 Ruby/1.8.5(2006-08-25) Server at www.southperry.net Port 80

5. Default

Of course, that's because it's not up yet. I should be able to get it back up by this weekend or so.

6. Harrisonized

Thank you, Fiel, for the fast response in changing the thread title.

I see.

7. Default

Hence, the words in bold.

8. Default

I don't think that there are any monsters in the game that use poison-element attacks. The only thing I've noticed partial resistance cutting for poison is the actual poison status effect, not even the mist things. Are you sure it works for the zakum arm poison mist?

9. Harrisonized

The top portion is what it doesn't work on. The bottom is what it does.
    Perhaps you didn't read carefully enough.

10. Default

Oh, I see. F/P partial resistance is such a ripoff =/

I remember it working on vikings' cannonball though (doesn't really make sense, but whatever).

11. Default

I don't remember monster skill data being in there before, unless he updated it after I checked through it...

12. Harrisonized

Not necessarily. I started out looking for possible things that it might or might not work on... that's why there's more in the 'not work on' part than the 'work on' part.
    If you just look at the confirmed... it's not much better than it's IL counterpart.
    That's cuz unfortunately, I can't understand any of the numbers in the database.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-11-11 at 03:56 PM.

13. Harrisonized

Bump~~~

Unfortunately, while I'm almost finished with the FP section, I need MAJOR help on the IL section. =/

Someone go to Ludi. You'll clear up about half the list. =/

14. Custom User Title
    IGN: Will
    Level: 20
    Job: Metalworker
    Guild: Boston
    Alliance: Massachusetts
    usa

Actually, I have something to add to this.
    I have 1 point into PR because I figured that 1 point for ~30% was a good deal.

Way back when I was 10x I trained in AR, and I'd bump into those ice seal enemies on my way to Squids. They would do 1 damage to me with their ice attack when I Ice Striked them (It didn't OHK.). Then one patch every time (And I mean EVERY) I passed them they would miss me with their ice attack. This was not a coincidence, 3 of my other I/L friends witnessed the same phenomenon. Then, the next patch they stopped missing me all together. I don't know the exact date, but I can tell you that it was a long time ago, a year maybe

Dunno if this will help or not.

15. Harrisonized

Cool.
    That probably means that your PR is making the server round down the numbers, and thus the damage you actually receive is 0.3, which makes it 0.
    Which is enough evidence for me to turn it to purple. Thanks!

~~~~~

If you have some spare time, please go play with some monsters.

Here's what I've been doing with the lower leveled monsters that already hit me with 1 damage.

1) Take off all equips
    2) If the monster still hits me with 1 damage, then it's a magic attack. (All my equips off = 0 wepdef)
    3) My Hat and Earrings only have magic defense on them, so if I wear them and the damage decreases, then it's a magic attack.
    4) My nose and shield both have weapon defense on them, so if I wear them and turn on magic armor and the damage decreases, then it's a physical attack.

Magic Attacks are generally decreased by Partial Resistance
    Physical Attacks are never decreased by Partial Resistance

16. Default

I have a theory that all physical (weapon) based special attacks have a chance to miss, while all magic attacks do not miss.

Also, there's a select few monsters that have neutral magic attacks, (because priests die lol) but I forget which ones they are.

17. Default

Newties- I believe (unless they fall under the physical area with Himes)

18. Harrisonized

I would think neutral attacks are "holy" attacks, such as that of himes, which Partial Resistance doesn't protect against. Either that or it's a "Dark" attack, such as that of a Crog, but then again, I may be wrong.

I think Newties are physical attack though.
    If Partial Resistance protects it, then Elemental Resistance will protect against it too.

19. Default

I'm pretty sure that himes' and newties' attacks are all physical. Skelegons' beam is neutral magic since it's not cut by neither invincible nor elemental resistance.