Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Default

That's actually possible considering each skill has a formula dependant on skill points. Like, "+2% per SP". So, technically, it could calculate beyond that.

Let's hope they just didn't consider this until now, and they forgot to remove the old cap.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Just saying it'd be nice if they realized Combat Order's potential and lets you break the cap. Same for Reverse equipment; give people a reason to actually Pink Bean, because every NL and their mother would want a +1 to Triple Throw.

3. Default

It's true that it could be done given how they've changed how skills work in the skill.wz file. Hell, I could do it easily. If they made that change, everyone would want a pally in their party! EVERYONE. I'd say it might even be overpowering.

4. Default

I think that would be kinda broken. I mean, just now in GMS I already want a Paladin in my party just for Threaten... reducing all damage, monster defense, and insanely boosting my skills would be an overkill...

Seems nice for a 3rd job skill, for helping out people (they're the white knights of maple, after all!), newbs starting out, and whatnot. But end-game it really doesn't seem more useful than getting MW 22, since MW 30 is still not that common. I guess it's also pretty nice for 12x-14x 4th jobbers that haven't fully maxed some of their good skills. But for a level 18x party it doesn't seem worth, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Seems balanced. A nice supporting skill for helping out the weaker, but doesn't make the game broken or Paladins THE most wanted job at boss runs.

5. Default

paladin will be the most wanted job at boss runs when nexon make paladins charge skill a party skill, something that will never happen :(

6. Default

I doubt +2 to all skills would be overpowered. For example, for triple throw. What, you go from 250% to 270%? That's not that much. It'd be like the new sharp eyes, though, but even for everyone, not only night lords.

7. Default

Nexon is pulling straight from d2, only they are mixing up which classes get what.

If that's what we are gonna do then hell, might as well give Drks (most like barbs) whirlwind or freaking concentrate(uninterruptable while attack mode).

That said if they are going to give paladins a battle commands skill they should at least remove the maximum cap, or change it
    to give base stats/skill damage.

8. Default

It would be way overpowered. Consider Aran. Their formula for booster is: boosterLevel = -1-1*u(x/10)

So levels 1 - 10 give -1 booster, levels 11 - 20 give -2 booster, level 22 would give -3 booster

This would give all mage classes -1 extra boost, +1% damage to base stats, +4% mastery, about +5-10 WATK more, longer stun, burn, poison duration on all skills, higher crit rate... higher EVERYTHING. It's like the ultimate everything booster.

9. Default

They could just add diminishing returns to ANY skill over max level.

10. Default

That's exactly my thought. As in, lv 20-30 give less per SP than lv 10-20. They'd just have to tweak the new increases for levels above.

11. Default

Lol@Pages new skill and DB massive buff :0

12. Default

Why not just allow Combat Orders to boost skills above the initial skill caps of 10 or 20 for 4th Job skills, but never beyond their actual maxes?

e.g. Let Blast be boosted past 10 even if the current max is Lv10 (because no mastery guides have been used), but let it not be boosted past Lv30 (when Blast20 and Blast30 have both been used).

13. Default

As I said when this first started. "It's all the Black Magician's fault." Of course I am sure everyone saw it coming because it was the only possible way to explain such massive changes.

Now I just have to wonder how exactly are they going to explain how the Black Magician did this and why. Will they just go the simple route and say that after thousands of years the Black Magician woke up and took revenge on Victoria Island?

I also have to wonder how the 4 Wisemen and Kyrin will feel about this.

14. Default

That's why I was wondering earlier whether Nexon will create new storyline quests relating to the massive landmass and monster changes...

15. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

The formula Dusk described is how it works for LOLMAGES and our DoTs. Sucks, right?

Also, @"Big Bang" being the cause of all of this:

Does this mean the game is only changed for a short period of time? It's not like all of these changes are some "event" like they made Dual Blade an "event" class?

And yay @ finally seeing a good picture of the Black Mage.

16. Default

Given all the changes they made to the WZ files, I 99.99999999% doubt that this is temporary at all.

17. Default

So Fiel, would it make sense for a Paladin to put all of his skills to Max-2 and then just buff himself with Order all the time?

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

We have three images of Edelstein and Leben, courtesy of Spadow.

http://forums.asiasoftsea.net/showpo...5&postcount=52

---

Anyways, I doubt that just because KMS is going to be releasing the changes next week that the changes to skills are going to stop there. If anything, they're probably going to keep changing skills up to the release of the Mechanic, after seeing what the skill changes have done when applied to the official server environment.

19. Default

If anything, they should make all skills have increasing returns like in diablo 2, which creates specialization within each class. The more skill points you put into a skill, the bigger difference the next skill point into that skill will make. If you distribute points evenly among all your skills, all your skills will be weak. Too bad maple gives out too many sp for this to happen, everyone's jack of all trades