Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Thanks.

There's no speed difference from Fast to Fastest with Booster, is there? Issue seems slightly muddled since DBs can have 2 weapons that both factor into attacks.

2. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

So I've got a query which I am putting it in the Thief sub-forum but please any input is appreciated.

So, recently, I've been going to bosses with my DB, and i'm flabbergasted at the differences in damage that I'm seeing on various bosses, that I cannot comprehend.

First, giving you an overview,
    400k clean range
    Dagger: 30% boss, 30% pdr with 15% pdr neb
    Katara: 40% boss, 30% pdr with 18% pdr neb
    Using Leafre set and Dojo Top 10 gloves.

In all, it brings me to 120% boss damage, with cards and such and 140% ish PDR without counting PDR from Asura, PB and

What has have me stumped is that, I'm seeing a vast differences in damage and I'm just unable to put a finger as to why that is happening.

This is what i've gathered so far; (ranges quoted are clean)
    @ level 170 with 320k range, I was hitting 3.5ms on empress - max crit
    @ level 180 with 390k range, I was hitting 3.8ms on empress - max crit
    @ level 189 with 400k range, I was hitting 3.9ms on empress - max crit

I used FC all times, and had just the regular buffs active.

Other bosses,
    @ level 185, 400k range, 7.8ms on CHT
    @ level 185, 400k range, max on HT, Arkarium, normal ranmaru, GB.

What has me confused is, that if i cap with asura on bosses such as HT/Ark/Ranmaru etc, since I have over 100% PDR, I assumed that the only damage reduction I would see at empress is due to the physical resistance, so I was expecting to see 5m hits minimum at Empress. Then again looking at the 7.8ms CHT, 3.9ms on Empress seems right. But my problem is that seems to be too low for almost 500k buffed range w/ 100%+ pdr and 120% boss.

Have i made a massive error in calculations or have I overlooked a stupidly simple fact?

Another thing I found weird is that on FC'd Asura on mobs at HoH, I can easily do 5-6m. But on Empress V1s, I was hitting 3-4ms.

Is there damage reduction based on level of mobs vs your char? If so, i've never even heard of it, so I doubt it's a plausible explanation but it is the only explanation I could come up with.

Help please :s

P.S if anyone else can compare their ranges/boss w/ mine to help me if my damages are correct or incorrect, i'd appreciate it.

EDIT

Something just occured to me. Does the length of FC hold down change damage?

3. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

I can only confirm that the timing of holding down FC affects your damage...
    pressing the fc button and letting go vs charging it to full bar.. =x

edit : no idea about calculations though.. i haven't tried calculating anything for db before

4. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

If you don't charge FC fully you don't get any damage boost from it at all.

5. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

if you charge fc like half you get half the damage boost o_o

6. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Really? Oops.

7. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Cheers guys, i can't believe it never occured to me that this was the problem.

Will try again at empress and let youse all know ^^

Help was greatly appreciated tho ^^

8. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

What's the best hyper build for bossing on a Shadower? In KMS vids, I see people doing Bstep + MC, then booming w/PP on. On unlimited DPM charts, I see DS + ASS. Where should I dump my points in the Passive Skill Boost section?

Also, in the Passive Stat Boost as well. I have 1 on Hyper HP & Luck, and will put on crit once I'm 198. Should I dump on DEX? Thinking of dumping in Mana for Mu Lung since I run out of MP close to the end, which bumps me down about 3~5 minutes ~.~

9. Helium Atom
    IGN: MadHog (banned~ sponsored by nexon's glitches)
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    poland

Hi guys ~

I need advice on upgrades.

current equips :

10 atk 3 slot u/h crap pot emp hat
    9 atk 8 slot u/h crap pot emp overall
    2 atk clean no pot emp shoes
    top10/50 dojo glove
    avg emp thief shoulder with 3% luk pot
    evo rings 1/2/3
    2 atk 6% luk tempest ring
    6% luk tempest belt
    129 atk loveless katara unique with 6% boss
    and a 159 atk rare emp dagger
    6% luk earrings
    4 atk crap pot db mask
    crusader shop eye acc
    4 atk emp cape
    12% luk 3l unique htp

Most empress equips are just for 6 item set effect.
    With current setup and leafre set im sitting @ 70% boss (15% ds + 25% glove + 30% emp set) and 105% pdr with pb and 84k~ buffed range.

At the moment im at about 1.4b pure cash + like 3-4 bil in items (some v2 stuff + 2 nova capes + some tempest items)
    So i was thinking what's the best way to spend all the cash.

Current plan is :

Scroll a new dagger (loveless) which im already working on.
    Empress cape / shoes change to nova (if i wont find em fast enough then ill use elite with like 13+ atk on cape and 10+ atk on shoes scrolled to 4-5 stars).
    I have a 12 atk tempest ring thats waiting for cubes (first i gotta make it 3l tho).
    But then what...

Should i cube dagger / katara first to get some boss dmg ? or cube other things to get more %luk ? (atm 33% only)
    All i do in this game is boss and wellim not even thinking about soloing empress cause i dont think it'll be possible for me (with ultimate comming within a month or two to gms) but i'd like to incrase my dmg as much as possible.

ps. maybe its a nab question but i came back recently to ms after 2 years break so yeah kinda lost with all the things now.
    ps2. what are requirements needed to have a chance solo empress / magnus as a db anyway ? (just curious)

Thanks for any tips.

10. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

LUK, DEX, HP, MP, DEF, CRIT for stat passives on 200 IMHO

11. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

If you can stand to lose HP, MP, or DEF, you should put that point into STR instead if you're looking for a damage boost, since the dagger formula includes STR (I'd recommend this for Dual Blades as well). It's weighted the same as DEX, though you probably have much less %STR/All Stats than %DEX/All Stats.

12. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Shinohiko
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 200
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Climax
    canada

Hi Guys,

I need some advices for my DB.

Make it short, I quitted 2 years ago and I just came back and I'm starting fresh on the DB. So far all I've been doing is DIPQ and EVO lab daily. currently at 163 with only a range of 38k with mw10 karma and thorn.

So my question is.
    Since I'm super weak, where should I go to find better gears or to make some mesos. I read that nexon changed a lot of stuff. I'm still kinda lost in all these new places and items.

Thanks

13. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

Cheapest way to buff your range is

character card sets & link mules.
    Then you can go for RA set, but dagger is pretty expensive.

Free way to make mesos is farm unleashed coins and sell unleashed rings.
    Try soloing Hilla and getting some chaos scrolls. Low drop rate though.

Don't really know what else don't think your range is high enough for Ranmaru. It's MMB drop rate is about 50% you can try and get a decent xenon/da book from them and sell for decent mesos.

14. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

- I have a question about phantoms.

- I've heard that Ultimate Drive's speed was fixed. If this is the case, does weapon booster do anything at all for UD?

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

well look who's come to play, good luck on this side.

no, booster doesn't do anything for ultimate drive. or any "hurricane-esque" skill for the matter

16. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

- I'm sorry, do I know you from somewhere?

- Regardless, thank you for the answer.

17. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

He's known for the dark knight forums on basilmarket, he's also obsessive over majority of the mechanics of the maplestory classes.

18. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

- Uh yeah, I don't know the guy.

- However, I have another question: Is beam dance in the same category as Ultimate Drive? As in, does it also have a fixed speed?

- I ask this because the skills seem quite similar.

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

it is, that's what i mean by "hurricane-esque"

20. Default Re: Ask a Thief Thread.

Totally unrelated to your questions, why do you start every line with a dash(-)? I have a feeling reading your posts will be irritating as hell if you continue that. @_@