Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Level 170 Set confirmed : Meso ranger suits and weapons
    I'm (points to SP name) actually a gigantic red barnard gray and omega sector is the final area.

2. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

I honestly would like to see old empty places revamped instead of new places coming into maple world, it feels empty when there are so many places to go and not a lot of people in the server

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Spadow posted the image on his tumblr, with the words "They are coming"

And now that the idea of a revamped Omega Sector is in my head, it won't leave.

4. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Omega sector is kinda cool and all, but for a lvl 200+ area?

I would much prefer they make the ruins of Black Heaven into one.

And if there is an already existing area that should be upgraded to high level area is Heliseum, specially anything after downtown and inside the Tyrant's castle.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2014-12-13 at 10:46 AM.

5. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

I actually thought Heliseum should become a 155+ area now that normal Magnus requires 155+.

6. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

I always had this idea that when they'd raise the level cap and release 5th job, the 5th job place would be in space and you'd access it by taking a rocket from omega sector. This actually seems like it coud happen now.

7. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Consider this. At the beginning, the omega sector was the area filled with dangerous aliens that threatened life on earth...

And they were level 55 or so. In a world filled with lv 200+. Yeah, I think they need to make their areas make sense.

8. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Omega sector is/was nothing but a parody of any 80-90 show/movie involving aliens like Mazinger Z, MIB, Power Rangers and such, and it did pretty well at that. Revamping omega sector into a lvl 200+ area would mean getting rid of all those references and the "sillyness" of how that whole theme is portrayed in exchange of a completely serious and deep story and art, which would simply kill everything you love the area for.

Come on, Helisium far deserves it. Heck the whole area has some resemblance to Soul Society and heck, Citadel of the Tyrant sounds like a track extracted right out from Bleach.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I think it's pretty safe to say that Omega Sector is going to be changed to some extent no matter what, due to it being sealed in the same way Mushroom Castle was.

Omega Sector is already gone pretty much, since nobody can go there, and I highly doubt they are going to bring it back exactly as it was, nor with any of the dated references. They could easily continue the idea of the alien invasion into a high level area, and they could make a seperate low-level theme dungeon with the mesorangers and stuff.

Also Helisium is hella boring, and it is still there and accessible, while Omega Sector has been explicitly closed for revamping. I'd much rather have this old area reopen than have Helisium (a more recent and more boring area) be revamped.

Helisium can wait until all the sealed areas are revamped.

10. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Maple I say bun!

11. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

I am not saying Omega sector is not getting revamped or that it doesn't deserve to, it obviously will be one day (probably in this update given the "MIB"), I'm just saying revamping it to a lvl 200+ area would require demolishing and rebuilding it from scratch turning it into something totally different, unless you are suggesting something like what they did to Mu Lung and simply raise the stats of all monsters by 100 levels, which would be stupid.

Now if you say expand it, keeping the low level section alongside a new section with the said lvl 200+ monsters might work, I see some issues tying this new section to the main plot revolving the black mage (maybe a new commander who is an alien maybe, that would suck honestly) but well.

As for Heliseum I do agree it is boring and kind of empty for anyone thats not a Kaiser/AB doing their main quests but thats why it needs a revamp. It is an area with a huge potential coming from the art, the music and the stupid boss which is one of the hardest in the whole game.

12. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Nothing in this first patch that wasn't in the last Test Wold patch :<

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Damn it.

So no mention of what the level 200 zone is?
    They are being very stingey with the content lately, I'd like to think it's because they are hard at work on 5th job, but it sucks nonetheless. Even a new job would be welcome at this point.

14. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

This is just part 1. The new Lv. 200+ zone is probably coming in part 2 in January.

15. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Back then, the 1st patches of big updates were the most massive and innovative.

16. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

New map content usually came out in the second/third/fourth part, so it'd be normal for new 200+ area to follow this trend.
    References:
    Spoiler

17. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Heck what are Nexon going to do in this patch

18. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Mr.Puuurn

I'm starting to like their new commercials

19. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

Why is Mr. Burn mad at me? It felt as if he was picking a fight with me

Anyway, when I saw the "inactive" over the guy's profile in that book, I thought it was a real hint to an Omega sector revamp, since you know, all the agents there are inactive.

L> @Spadow to translate plz. (someone teach me to link people to a mention)
    Last edited by byakugan; 2014-12-24 at 11:29 AM.

20. Default Re: KMS Winter Update

The quick way is to use "@"[user]"semicolon".

Sounds like an event similar to the Agent equipment, but it could be much better than that.

Hadriel