Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

http://us.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/kent...html?hpt=hp_t2
    What can I say... Only in America. I don't know what to say, I don't even know if I want to say anything.

2. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

What the f'uck? Young children in the area are often introduced to guns at an early age?

3. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

If only she had her own gun to defend herself.

4. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

Even after reading that this rifle was apparently a toy, I must question the need for kids to have guns at that age particularly when this 'toy' was lethal enough to kill.

But as they say, only in America.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

I understand people keeping guns to keep themselves safe, but giving a gun to a 5 year old? are you pineappleing kidding me?

I am absolutely speechless after reading this. how have people in America not realized that guns are a bad idea?

6. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I feel like this is fitting here:

7. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Wow... I was going to say that this s'hit only happens in the Southern U.S, but then I noticed that there was a similar incident recently in NJ.

God dam people. Just because you have an ethusiastic fetish for guns does not mean that you have to give them to your kids.

People who are pro-guns keep make excuses for why we do not need more regulations or background checks for guns. I keep hearing things like: "This is all just an excuse to unarm the U.S. citizenry so the federal government can opress us" and "guns aren't harming people, it is stupid people with guns harming people."

While there may be some truth to the second argument, guns are clearly too abundant in this country and at the very least, people are using them way to irresponsibly.

Also the NRA has a ton of pull in Congress, which makes it nigh impossible to get regulations passed.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Just looking at the comments in the link, some people are saying that giving children guns at the age of 5 "teaches them about gun safety".

How the hell does that work? give an armed and extremely dangerous weapon to a child with an active imagination and no self control, who can barely even think for themselves. If they HAVE to give their children guns they should at least wait until their child is old enough to understand before giving them such a powerful responsibility. A child shouldn't need to protect themselves, the parents should do that until the child is old enough to look after themselves.

the backwards dippomegranate mentality of some people just irritates me. People like this shouldn't be allowed to breed, never mind buy guns.

Also there is a difference between children knowing about guns and actually giving one to a child.

9. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

I could see how it teaches them about guns if they are exposed to them under direct and constant adult supervision. There is literally no excuse for giving a five year old a loaded gun and then walking out of the house, whether or not the gun has a "child safety."

Edit: Btw, I am not saying I agree with this practice. I sure as hell will not be giving my children guns if I am lucky enough to have any down the road.

10. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

Whatever happened to demonstrations and keeping dangerous things out of reach from children? Educating children about drugs certainly doesn't involve giving them any so why the hell would anyone think that giving guns is a good idea in any way?

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

LOL DRUG SAFETY: "Here Johnny, try smoking this meth so you know how to be safe around it in the future."

12. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

Oh, the tragedy of it all. Kids would finally be interested in drug safety campaigns but for all the wrong reasons.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Same reason kids are interested in sex education talks. free condoms

14. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

The human race is doomed, and I don't mean it in the too much contraception kind of way.

15. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Teen pregancy is a different problem. There are still schools in this country that teach abstinence as the only method of birth control.

16. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

"he got for his birthday"
    No.

Seriously, NO.
    GOD DAMN IT AMERICA, FIVE YEAR OLDS ARE ALLOWED TO POSESS GUNS?
    FIVE. YEAR. OLDS.
    AND COMPANIES THAT HAVE THE SLOGAN 'MY FIRST RIFLE'.

I THOUGHT THE WORLD IS AT PEACE. I DON'T THINK WE'RE PERPARING FOR INTERGALACTULAR BATTLES WITH ALIENS WHICH CAN ONLY BE HURT BY FIVE YEAR OLDS.
    AND YOU DISCUSS ABOUT HOW GAY PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS STRAIGHT PEOPLE, WHILE LETTING CHILDREN WHICH AREN'T EVEN TEENAGERES WALK AROUND WITH RIFLES?

Yes, Capslock was necessery.
    (╯゜-゜)╯︵ ┻━┻

17. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

My parents taught me the risks of a gun at an early age, you don't see me running around and shooting people. Though with these posts you guys are making me consider

18. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

Well, let's just say your parents sounded way more responsible about it and the article above gives reasonable doubt that this mother did the same.

19. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

I came in this thread assuming the gun was left where the child could easily reach it, then he shot someone. But it was a birthday present? For a 5 year old, who likely knows nothing of guns? I don't even know what to say about this.

20. Default Re: 5-year-old shoots his 2-year-old sister

The only thing that happened stupidly different was she left him alone with a loaded gun for a few minutes. I was taught about guns at a young age as well just my mom didn't leave me alone with a loaded gun in front of my three year old brother.

That and who in their right mind gets a five year old kid his own gun. I'd understand a bit more if they did a lot of hunting but 5 is just too young.