Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Innovations of the post-BB larger screen size

So far, we've seen that Nexon KR is fully utilizing their 1024 x 768 resolution. The Mechanic's FSAoE is absolutely huge and covers the entire screen. The Lionheart boss in the most recent number of patches is also extremely large. I think it goes without saying that they want to fully utilize the benefits of the increased resolution.

So, what else would you like to see them do with a larger resolution? What other things can Maplestory do once we have a larger game resolution that it couldn't do before?

2. Default

See all of your Zakum group at once.

(Lol 2007)

I suppose it would help you with FM shopping and some of those larger maps (most of Leafre)

3. Default

Being able to see "off-screen" hackers would be awesome.

4. Default

The new resolution allows you to see beyond the screen boundaries?

5. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

One thing that botehrs me is the cutscenes are still 800x600. This leaves a black border whenever you view them in 1024x768. Also, small maps like certain potion shops also have black borders around them because the map is so small.

6. Default

Archers can finally see the full extent of their attacks (esp. bomb arrow/ice shot).

7. Default

All they'd have to do to fix this is put the town's background where the black is, so it looks like Maya's house or something.

8. Default

Better survivability at Anego while being rushed.
    View FM rooms faster.

I mean. Yeah at certain bosses like HT where you need to follow seduce, it's nicer.

9. Default

kMS still didn't fix their mini-map's regarding to the "other player's dot view".

When you enter a map which is only a bit larger then you can see on your screen (which happens 99% of the time), you don't see other players outside your viewing area, you just don't see them as blobs on your minimap, it's like they're just not in there at all. Only when you move towards them, you see where they are... really annoying...

But I guess Nexon did this to save data-bandwidth...:/

Also I would appreciate a moving boss indicator on the map (especially useful at the dragon rider boss, which moves all over your screen, and you loose him all the time).

Also, when you're browsing the FM in 1024 mode in kMS, you can't enter some stores at the edges of you screen, and have to walk towards them to be able to click them to enter there, same goes for talking to NPC's on the edge of your screen, the viewbox-detection isn't calibrated correctly/

10. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

It's almost that big, but if you're on the right side you can only see the edge of top three platforms on the opposite side. If you're in dead center you can see pretty much everyone.

11. Default

Just wondering can you see all the zakum drops at once now or are you still unable to see the ones on the far left and right?
    Last edited by Eos; 2010-09-18 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag

12. Default

Maplestory needs 8x multisample antialiasing and 16x anisotropic filtering

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Of course it does. That's what increasing resolution does. You can easily see this with your own computer. Change resolution from say 800 x 600 to 1280 x 1024.

14. Default

Off topic... but we still have to get certain skills from Zakum after BB?

15. Default

It was always this way.

16. Default

Dang, I had some idea that we received all 4th job skills after making the advancement after BB.

17. Default

No no i was meaning to say.... bleh it doesnt matter. The talk about the black outer-boundaries already answers it. I was assuming that they did things right, and kept the screen boundaries the same.

18. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

Ya. Zakum only drops skill books now,not mastery books.

19. Default

Maybe take advantage of the size to perform large in game actions. Say a PQ obstacle of a raised bridge where a HP tank class goes inside a cannon and any fire skill is used to light the fuse, and once across they lower the bridge? I suppose it still wouldn't be large enough to see the whole thing since it would have to be large enough a gap that no skills would be able to get over it.

I'm not sure. As the scaling of character to map goes up, there is a large variety of things that can be done. I personally would like to see more reactor interaction and platforming influence without the annoyance of current PQs. Say in a pillar jump PQ there's a rising fluid that you want to stay away from, but even if you do fail it and fall, the fluid will make you rise with it and you would take 1/3rd dmg a second. Only condition would be at least one party member completing the JQ before the fluid hits the top.

20. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Everything EXCEPT for the ones from zakum. El nath pq and all the skill quests aren't required anymore for stance/dragon pulse/time leap/super transform/stuff like that.