Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Ok, I love Wizard and the Telecasting.

2. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Well I knew something might happen due to my potato of a computer but didn't know it would something so dumb, after the character select screen if you don't have 4G+ of ram the game shuts itself, guess I wont be playing this game in the near(or maybe not so near) future. :/

3. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

It is not a bad game at all. Just note that people in Asia cannot connect at all. For... obvious reasons.

There's so much to do in Lith Harbour it's dizzying. But the control feel quite good at the moment.

If anyone wants to find me in game, I'm in the Europe server, IGN is Hadriel (obviously).

Hadriel

*edit* I forgot to add, I'm currently playing with a near-on solid second of delay. Rubberbanding was quite bad on a couple of occasions.
    Last edited by hadriel; 2018-05-10 at 08:04 AM.

4. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Once this CBT ends I'll miss my SICK maplestory 1 references Kappa
    Spoiler

Also I feel like my ping on the NA server is worse than the one I got on KMS2 like what the pineapple lol.

5. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

has someone already made a guild for us? Well I know it's CBT and I hope to find someone here

6. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Europe server I did.

Hadriel

7. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

This effing golden chest in the middle of... "nowhere".

Spoiler

Hadriel

8. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

been watching some of the twitch streams. there's a ton of nostalgia there, brings back memories I didn't even know I had. I'm okay with just watching though.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Wow, I enjoyed it better than I thought I would.

I can't decide on a class. I was dead set on making a Wizard, but after trying out the other classes I think I prefer Assassin more.

10. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I was looking at Wizard too but I'll have to wait until release to try them all out. How does the MS2 Assassin compare to the MS1 version?

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Feels the same except less jumping and attacking at the same time.

12. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

The Closed Beta ends pretty much today. What was your opinion on the game so far? How did you like the classes? I can definitely see me making a Wizard or Knight Main.

If only I wasnt too busy, I could've gotten some more play in.

13. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

The game felt like it was a good attempt to fix all that was wrong with MS1. Or you could put it in a cynical way, that MS1 failed horribly and MS2 should be more of a norm. Anyway, it was quite good. Quite overwhelming at first glance, but since the questline gives you enough EXP to reach the basic high levels, it doesn't feel like a grind at the start (hey hey, CBT for 1 week only, I wonder why...). Essentially felt like I was playing Diablo 2 except in a more colourful and light hearted way.

Some of the main aspects that were good were the attempts to make bossing less monotonous, giving different boss behaviours at different HP levels, not just a punchbag anymore and healing spam (but then again, you have priests...). There's also not a big penalty for death, the ability to switch SPs and APs for free (you pay to have a build saved). The rewards for exploration are ok I feel (as in the stars in the world map). Some people may not appreciate the wooden and golden chests being hidden in such unobtrusive places but hey it's a challenge (try getting to the chest I posted earlier without looking it up). What's interesting is that they were very open with the boss data - spawn times, locations and rewards etc. that should be the way to go.

Fishing... is quite OP. But the EXP gain gets nerfed after 1 level of prestige a day anyway... it's getting the equipment from fishing that's a problem. It's the solution to overcoming the daily/weekly reward cap, which then defeats the purpose of the cap huh.

I liked playing the wizard. It's good, but it's affected badly by latency. Teleporting away from damage is... -.-" Now, give us the max level cap please.

Houses with entrances and exits to boss maps? Yes please.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I wish I had more time to play. Being out of town and busy with college work 6 out of the 7 days it was up sucked.

I only got to play Berserker for a bit this time. I'm not quite sure how to feel about him yet. I played Knight way back in the Korean CBT and I thought it was fun, but I didn't get a chance to see if/how that class as changed since then. I can't tell who I want to play upon official release.

15. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Spoiler

And so it ended.
    Cri
    Can't lie this game kept me away from my depression and my other thing.

16. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I did the exploration goals, mostly so I could get the explorer NX set.

It was kind of nice. It feels like there's a lot of things to do other than grinding, compared to MS1, at least. Or I guess I mean, there's more content that's lucrative outside of just killing monsters. It's really just busy work, but like, enjoyable busy work.

17. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

The game isn't bad.

I enjoyed the fishing and the exploration aspects. I wasn't really a big fan of how forced the story was (or at least felt like it was), very few MMO's make their story interesting enough to care about. However, flat out grinding did not feel like it was ever going to be rewarding, at least at low levels.

I tried out Knight and Thief. Thief was pretty fun, but Knight felt extremely underwhelming. I didn't expect them to be super strong as they're tanks but the sheer difference between Thief and Knight when doing things by myself is a tad insane. I was having trouble killing random mobs my level as a Knight but Thief swept the floor with them, it was bad.

I also did one of the world bosses, and it felt like a tad too much of a meat shield. The combat mechanics were fun but I suspect the game expected more of us to be there, as it had around 4 million HP and only 10 people were there doing at most 500-1000 damage with strong attacks. It took a tad too long but it could be fun in larger groups.

Fishing is fun, so is running around looking for crap and doing the exploration rewards (although some of them seem broken or just unclear, like talking to NPC's that don't appear to exist). I wasn't a big fan of the focus on getting 50 during a one week period during the beta event, but otherwise I think this was a decent event.

I'll definitely check out the game when it leaves beta.

18. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

That's one thing I noticed. The world bosses have that kind of HP (but not a broken amount of damage) so that everyone in the world can attack the boss. It's as if we're not meant to solo the world bosses. However, the world bosses de-spawn as well. Why do that to us? It's not as if a small team can quickly rotate through all the world bosses when the damage vs health difference is about 4 orders of magnitude.

Hadriel

19. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Even if they wanted to try, it seems like you get scaled against world bosses anyway, so I don't see it being possible to wipe them on a route/loop like people do in MS1. My group had 3-4 Lv.50's and they weren't doing much more damage than I was. So they gave them millions upon millions of health and scale your damage to be "level appropriate" so the bosses just take....way too long. It was probably 20-25 minutes of attacking. It was fun for the first five minutes as I figured out all the mechanics and stuff, but after a point it was just boring.

20. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

The damage scaling icon is visible above the boss HP bar. Devilin was absurdly painful due to 80% damage reduction in phase 1, but I managed to duo/3/4-io it. The rest were... ok, just a slow grind down.

Hadriel