1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Quick Azwan questions

1. So they said they made it easier to gain honor levels. Does that mean they increased honor EXP gained on top of reduced honor EXP requirements, or just increased honor gained?
    2. How do you guys do Hard Mode solos? Is it just getting more potential gear, or just playing better? I tried a few hard mode solos, and I couldn't get through the vastly increased HP of the towers and ballistas. For the towers it was also a real pain dealing with the towers one-shotting you, meaning I really gotta stay mobile.
    3. Do you get better circulators for the harder modes?

2. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

1. Amount of Honour EXP needed to level was reduced.
    2. I'm guessing you just need high damage output to keep up with the spawn/towers. Knowing when to get out of the way to avoid OHKOs helps, too. (Hard Defense mode is much easier than Occupy/Attack).
    3. Not sure about this one.

3. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

3. no.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

my DrK can kill the towers in hard in about 45 secs-1 min from the start, and i use mobility skills to avoid the OHKO attacks, stopping attacking just before the totems are summoned helps too.

5. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

Maybe use some Knight's Watch or any Stance? I find it very useful in avoiding the OHKO skills because avoiding the beam is relatively easy, but being poked in face and KBed into the Death Ray is not.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

laser, rocks and beams still KB though. even with stance

7. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

Exactly what Shinku said,
    it takes me about the same time as you to kill the last tower but I have to admit that you do need quite a lot of fundings to do this.
    It depends on the job really how well you can dodge his 1 hit KO attacks. Slipstream is pretty much perfect for it. I rarely ever die.

I'm guessing you're a bucc (Or corsair) but either way you dont have a quickstep like move so that rather sucks.
    You could use recoil as a corsair to dodge it though but as a buccaneer... I really dont know.

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

the horror is when you get 6 totems next to each other

9. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

I think bucc can use spiral to try to avoid 1hko laser.

10. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

If it moves you sure, but if you trying to use iframes to save you then no lol.

Answer to #2, dodge a lot, use them pots (or heal), and get some kind of decent funds. I also skip wasting my time to rebuff myself too on phantom because it likes to take off my lune buff and 2nd job buff. I'm managing to kill it within 15-18 secs even if not the best damage ever. To be honest here, the more time you waste to take out the last tower the higher the chances of you dying and allowing that tower on top to appear which spams lightning across the room almost endlessly. The longer approach is, kill each owl tower (drops rocks), kill the Hilla tower on top (blasts lightning) and lead your bird men to the main tower. The birds takes the laser blasts for you but won't take the land mine explosions for you so you can use this to your advantage.

11. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

People still kill the mid-tower? I never had problem with rocks because I go straight for the last tower kill. And it rarely lasers as OHKO is happening so Knight's Watch usually is good enough for me. I'd have to agree with the above poster though, sometimes it might just be faster to exit. If I die and the final tower isn't more than half killed, the Anubis and other mobs will create so much lag just getting there that it's just better to leave.

12. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

You should also aim to kill the tower within 2 minutes (maybe 3 but that's cutting it pretty close...). Reason being that that's when the mobs start healing the tower like crazy unless you can outdamage the heal rate.

13. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

In regards to better circulators, getting special circs is stupidly easy now.

When I got my merc from lvl 1 ~ 70 honor, checking shop every time, I saw 2 special circs.

Now they are in shop about 1/3 of the time. That should have kept it as a one item per time purchase because of how easy it is to find them ~_~

14. Donator Straight Male
    panama

yea, not that difficult, not the only person in BL who had this happen:

15. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

posted it in the update notes thread but yeah

edit:
    f'uck yeah im a battleship

16. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

If it becomes in that state then you just simply follow the long approach like I mentioned before. The mobs barely have much hp just kill any that try to cross and walk the birds to the main statue. To be honest here, taking any longer than 1 minute is already considered too much, if you take longer than that then you may as well consider taking out all the other statues and take some mobs with you.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Hmm, just leave if it gets too much overwhelming? Is there some noticeable Honor EXP penalty for leaving, or is the only real reason to clear Hard/Insane mode if for the coins and circulators?

18. Donator Straight Male
    panama

the honor is quite good too, i get 1.8k in a party if i don't kill the tower, and 2.2k ish if i help, this is per minute.

and there are no penalties.

19. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

No penalties, but Hard mode gives emperor coins which you want, the other modes gives the lesser coins only (except for Hell mode but nobody bothers now).

20. Default Re: Quick Azwan questions

Sorry to revive the thread but I didn't feel like making another thread since this is also about azwan.

@ShinkuDragon;
    Do you have any idea how I am not getting any coin-time bonus?
    I finish hardmode attack mode in 30 seconds and claim everything after every run so what am I doing wrong?
    It's very annoying.