Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Undispellable Magic Guard?

Is it true that the explorer mage's magic guard will become unaffected by dispel post Justice?

http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/233...#comments_list

2. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Guess I could ask someone when I get out of class.

3. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

If Evans keep the 1HP dmg and rest of the dmg to MP when ADVs get this, it's fair I guess or as fair as it'll get aha

MG+Will of Onyx=1 hp dmg and rest to MP. Evans can pretty much tank 45k hits and survive.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

After adv of the union Evans will have 10% dmg reduction on mg so even without the 1 hp dmg thing they should be even, as long as the boss doesn't spam dispell.

5. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Agreed.

Just odd though how this wasn't picked up during Justice if it is indeed true.

6. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Such a non issue. Just recast when dispelled. You'd never die if you were paying attention.

Now damage reflect bypassing magic guard is pure BS.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

9 times out of 10 you would have died anyway.

8. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

*cough*Kenta PQ*cough*

9. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Yeah MG is undispel-able, I thought this was common knowledge lol. Guess not.

10. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Maybe. But probably not. I can survive quite a hit with HP equips.

Your point? I kenta everyday and I've never died. I never miss it when I get dispelled. It's called paying attention.

11. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Many mages die because one Pianus dispels and the other one attacks right after, leading to death. Not saying all, but many.

12. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Pianus' dispel has an effective range. If you're on one side there's no way to be dispelled by the other.

It's possible to die if you get dispelled while standing on pianus or a bomb.... so... don't stand on them?

13. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

He's talking about the falling stone boxes. Dispel and then getting hit by one of those.

14. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

When you spawn in the map, you can get hit by both dispel and an attack. And if someone else is standing on Pianus, then Pianus will use dispel, and if unlucky, will kill a mage.

15. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

First time I came across it was from a basil thread today.

Do you know which patch this happened in?

Now if only they update the animation...

16. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Personally, i prefer dispellable mg, I think it's one of the main things that separate the good mages from the bad. By now, Nexon has managed to take the challenge out of almost everything. I remember back when bossing meant you would actually have to know how to use your character, and pay attention. As a bishop, back when they were actually useful for boss runs, being able to survive dispels and keep your party buffed is what got you into good squads. Now, all you need is a pet with auto pot and auto buff, and you can read a book while you boss.

17. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

My guess would be Union.
    Last edited by Locked; 2012-02-08 at 03:36 PM. Reason: It's called Union I guess

18. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

+1

19. Default Re: Undispellable Magic Guard?

Casting Meteor, Booster, Poison Mist or any other long casting skill (or long macros) gives time enough to get dispelled and killed before you can recast MG.
    I know it's happened many times to me at Pap before I had enough HP/MP to stand at the top (pre-BB).

Of course it's easy to stay alive when only using Heal or other fast skills, being close the US and paying close attention to your buffs. Try doing that when you have to keep a lot of DoTs active, pay attention to 2 cooldowns all while juggling buffs, taking care of both HP/MP so you don't die if you get dispelled and still managing to survive the longer delay for living outside the USA.

Then there's of course the classical stun+dispel or seduce+dispel that's much more deadly to mages than any other class.