1. Default Pokemon Battle Theme from Chopin?

Pokemon battle theme (listen to the first 5 seconds)

Chopin (listen to the ascending arpeggio at about 3:55)

Coincidence? Listen to the entire Chopin arpeggio one more time, then listen to the entire battle theme (it's about 1:30 long). I think it's easy to say one influenced the other.

2. Default

Can ya blame them if they did steal it? It's awesome.

Reminds me of Septhrothwhatever's theme also. In which I mean the dude ripped off a Classical song for it.

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Omg O_o Wow.

4. Default

I don't care if it was stolen. I just find the similarity humorous.

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Fiel, how did you come to find this? Were you bored?

6. Default

Lol even if it's stolen or not, it's still awesome.

7. Default

Considering most Japanese video game music composers were highly influenced by classical music, I'm not surprised.

8. Default

I commonly listen to classical music while training. That arpeggio broke my trance.

9. Default

The idea of trills is nothing new and has been used throughout the history of music, really. I wouldnt say that using trills is a copy of a specific composer or even a specific piece.

That being said, the pokemon trill of notes is a repetitive trill of three notes while the trill seen in that Chopin nocturne is a lot more complicated. The main difference lies in that the Chopin trill has direction: The trill drives forward and acts as an embellishment, whereas the Pokemon theme is static and just sits there till something new appears.

Additionally, the "trills" that are used arent trills at all but rapidly played scales used for accompanying the melody while the trills in Chopin exaggerate the melody.

Sorry, Im a music major, I analyze things when I listen to them >_>

tl;dr: They're completely different musical techniques and arent "copies" of one another. That being said, one can be inspired by the other, as musicians often find inspirations from previously written music.

10. Default

Bro Fist. I do the same. While most people like metal, techo, or something up-beat and powerful like that to get them going, I, myself, enjoy something easy-going.

Jazz is also a nice choice of training music.

11. Default

Jazz is too chaotic for me with its improvisation and swing feel. I need some chill out music.

12. Default

I... don't hear the similarity at all o_o

At least, it'd never occur to me if I was listening to that, even if I'd just been playing Pokemon Red.

13. Default

No, I don't hear the similarity either. You could argue the rhythm is the same, I suppose, but as Retalion said, it's quite different. Either that, or ITT: Tone deaf perhaps?

14. Default

Personally, I listen to the 1st OTSU album over and over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OTSU_albums

15. Default

Pink Floyd makes for excellent training music, particularly if you listen to an entire album. It flows together well and can draw you in. DSotM and TW are my main zoning out albums, and are completely relaxing for me. Queen or the Beatles if I'm feeling relatively upbeat, Joplin if I feel like it, Hendrix if I want epic guitar. ACDC for power grinding, accompanied by a bit of CCR and Cheap Trick. Randomized playlist if I want surprises.

Oh, and Beach Boys if I'm in Florina. Always. With some Jimmy Buffet.