1. Default How does damage % per hit work?

One thing I've never been absolutely sure about:

Example: If a Hero gets 100% more damage from ACA and does 300% x 3 with IS, does this mean that the Hero will be doing 400% x 3?.

-

Another example: If a Paladin hits 200% x 3 = 600% with Blast and a charge gives 20% more damage, does the Paladin benefit from charge 60% overall? (660% total)

If Blast hit 100% x 6 = 600% with Blast and a charge gives 20% more damage, does the Paladin benefit from charge 120% overall? (720% total)

2. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Multiply.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

he does 100% more damage
    normal damage is 100%
    100%+100%, he'll do 200% of what he'd normally do.

with IS normally he'd do 300%*3
    twice of that (200% of 300%) is 600%*3

4. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

So it's all multiplying? I thought it was additive...

Ok that's really simple then... since it's multiplicative you can just multiply the total % of a skill by however much passive buffs give.

Right?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Passive and active buffs. The ones you mentioned, ACA and charges, are active. The Hero/Pally has to cast them. Passive buffs are those that are always on once you put your points in them.

6. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Gotcha.

7. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

The only thing that was ever additive was critical hits before BB for non-mages.

8. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

And airborne damage bonus (Final Toss, Upper Stab, Charge Drive), which still are.

9. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Just to clarify something from what some people said

The following is a somewhat similar situation but it's additive and not multiplicative correct?

"Ancient warding gives 30% damage and spirit surge gives 15% damage. That would be 45% damage and not 49.5% damage correct? And if we add say a 10% nebulite (just for example), it would be 55% damage and not 64.45% right?"

10. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

To slightly hijack this thread, are the passive boosts to Muspelheim, Edge Carnival, and Savage Blow from Boomerang Step multiplicative or additive? Also, same question for the 150% extra damage from Dark Sight vs. +150% bonus damage from Killing Points for Assassinate? And even though it's not damage, the buffs to Pickpocket, Meso Guard, and Meso Explosion from Pickpocket?

11. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Ancient Warding + Spirit Surge is additive to each other. They multiply your damage. From what I recall, any total damage is multiplicative against this, but I'd have to double check my own Mercedes later.

The only damage bonuses that are additive are the airborne ones. Does the Boomerang Step bonus require the monster to be airborne?

12. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Yes that's what i meant. To the damage formula they're multiplicative. But for individual bonuses stacking they're always additive.

Thank you.

13. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Have you tested this or gotten someone to test it?
    I would test it but I cannot get on KMS and likely will not be able to get on any time in the foreseeable future.
    Also, last time I checked Meso Guard and Pickpocket do not include damage.

14. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Hi all the shadowers that have been a shadower before you would like to say that it is indeed multiplicative!

15. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

Oh and the damage from Killing Points for Assassinate too?
    I bet all the shadowers who have ever existed before me have had a lot of success testing something that's been in-game for 3 months and hasn't hit GMS, which is where everyone here who has a Shadower besides Tay plays.

16. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?

implying it won't be multiplicative.

It's fairly obvious it is due to patterns and consistency. Go nuts and test it yourself.

17. Default Re: How does damage % per hit work?