Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Super Cubes Vs. Regular Cubes

What have been your experiences with Super cubes from Epic to Unique (Disregarding Rare to Epic due to Epic Potential Scrolls)

Personally I have gotten 1 item from Epic to Unique with super cubes since the update and it took 22 of them where with Regular Cubes in my experience took an average of about 30-35.

Have you noticed a difference in odds using super cubes?

2. Default

Ive used 30 Super Cubes on epic items, None of them went to Unique.

I guess im just unlucky.

3. Default

Interesting. I've heard (rumors) that it is more efficient to use super cubes at epic+, but haven't really found anything to back that up.

4. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

I had a similar situation occur with my cape...took about 20 or so cubes before it turned unique but the next super cube i used immediately after turning unique brought it straight to legendary so it kinda evened out in the long run...obviously I know this isnt the case for everyone but just something to think about.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I used 34 Master Cubes on my CHTP + VSS and my VSS went Rare -> Epic, while my CHTP stayed Epic.
    Tried again with Alt account NX and my Empress Glove went from Rare -> Unique (With Decent SE) in 14 Master cubes.

RNG is RNG.

6. Default

From my experience, screw Super Miracles until your item is unique.

7. Default

All items started from Epic.
    27 for Kenta's Goggles to turn Unique.
    1 for Shoulder.
    2 for CHTP.
    10 for Almighty Ring.
    Around 50 for Shoe. Lost track.

Meh.

8. Default

Wow

9. Default

Yeah if you can cube when there is a positive RNG seed, you can see results like that.

So far, 5 items legendary in about 280 cubes. Got really lucky with my goggles and shield and had them go legendary in under 20 cubes each.

10. Default

Thank you for making my reply easier.

I was going to post how you guys shouldn't base your theories on peoples experience, because as you all know, it can sometimes take a few cubes for an item to turn Unique, as well as it can take 230 (and yours truly have done this both :|)
    This is the same with Super Cubes. Just because you hear of people who have turned their item from Epic to Unique using a couple (or so) Super Cubes, doesn't mean this is the ultimate proof it is indeed more beneficial to use this.

Your quote just sums it all up. ~50 for shoes while 1-2 for other items.

11. Default

Took me about 3 or 4 cubes to get my Branch Nose from Epic to Unique. I guess I got lucky judging from what other people are saying.

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Epic potted my bow today, worked and then remained epic after around 10 super cubes. Then used 6 more on my shoes, which stayed unique. 9% dex though :3 Total of 20 legend cubes now used on my shoes, around 14 of which were after it turned unique.

13. Default

What else would you base probabilities on then?

14. Default

Not sure if serious.

He means a lot of people say base probabilities based on their personal experiences, whether good or bad. If it takes you 100 cubes to get something to legendary, then those people say the probability is less than 1%. If they get a streak of good luck and make 5 items legendary in a stack of 11, they'll think the probability is like 50% chance.

None of that really matters per se. The only way to figure out the probability of the cubes turning something to epic/unique/legend is to collect large amounts of sample data and then run statistical tests on them. Apparently insoya forums has already done this.

15. Default

Me and my wife both did a fairly large amount of cubing, and for us the Super cubes really did have a better rate from Epic to Unique. Trust in the combined wisdom in this thread and not just some silly poor mans conclusions based on cubing an item or two.

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

which is why i made my thread. if nexon were to say "cube rates are X and Y" i'd go "yeeeaaaah righhhht...."

17. Default

Exactly. The reason I made this thread was to try see if enough information could be obtained to start to see any patterns. Of course these are all people's individual experiences but a trend will begin to show in time with enough data. It's as if you're flipping a coin repeatedly, you may get 8/10 tails, but with 100 trials and beyond you will get closer and closer to a 50/50 ratio.

18. Default

It's how they made the cube simulator, etc. The post got deleted it seems, which is a shame. I would still look around for it but I don't want to dig that deep into it.