Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

*This is assuming character card decks are even added to JMS*

I'm feeling like playing a new character. Since Thieves and Pirates just got their revamp in JMS, I feel like making one of them, but I don't know which.

I already have 4 level 120+ Warriors, but I don't know how good their deck effect is. I have a level 181 Viper and a 135 Cannon Shooter, so a 120+ Captain would complete a set, I think. As far as Thieves go, I have a 137 Shadower and I'll most likely get to 120+ on a Phantom when May 30th comes rolling around.

I don't really have any equipment for either - just a bunch of Ilbis somewhere for a Night Lord, I believe.

What class would you recommend? I've never really been a fan of long ranged classes, so it's hard for me to choose.

2. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Could you post the set effects for each? And what character you plan to use em on?

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

A dark knight, pally and demon slayer deck would be useful to you. (Warrior deck: 10% HP transform into damage)

A Pirate set could also be useful to you, but personally I prefer having a marksman so I can get to 100% critical easily. Etheir way you'll get the adventurer bonus set.

Shadowers and Night lords cards suck, and Phantom card effect is just meh...

Remember you can have 2 decks, so that opens up more combinations.

4. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Dark Knight, eh? I should make one of those eventually. I have a Soul Master, Hero, Paladin and Demon Slayer at the moment. lol I'll probably delete my Mechanic and Battle Mage I never play for something.

5. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

http://orangemushroom.wordpress.com/...ems/#more-2279

All of them?

Anyways, 8% Ignore Def seems like it would be better than 4% maximum critical damage.

I recommend a Mechanic rather than a Corsair, too. The only classes you have that use Summons are Cannon Shooter's Monkey Militia and Magnetic Anchor and your Soul Master's Soul. Meanwhile, everybody loves buff duration.

6. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

I assume you can't use a card for the same character you are playing on, or am I mistaken?

7. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Dang. That card set stuff is confusing without having experience with it. Also, reading that information made me realize that I forgot I even had an Aran... Holy crap.

Eh... Mechanic bores me to no end. I might be hard pressed to level that bastard up.

8. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Well, +4% max crit damage is more useful on classes with high base crit rate - 8% ignore def is better though, at least on mobs with 25%+ def.

9. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

You are mistaken.

But, I would go for a full pirate set, the pirate cards are more useful, especially if you use a mech rather than a corsair, than the thief cards, which give jump, speed, and meso rate, though DB's card does give % avoid, which could be useful.

10. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Go with the pirate set. In the absolute best case (100% crit rate, +20-50% dmg), +4% max crit will only give +1.481% more damage on average.

Edit: Forgot to say that the individual pirate cards have better effects than the individual thief cards.

11. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

I could have swore the last thread I saw that link in had people saying that some of that information was changed.

12. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Make another mechanic and get both to 120. +15% buff duration from each, making awesome dice rolls even more awesome.

13. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

I thought you couldn't have two of the same class.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You can. There's 6 slots but the two sets of 3 are separate from one another so you can have two mechs, buccs, and pallys if you really wanted. (or any other class for that matter)

15. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Time to delete everything and make assloads of Dark Knights for assloads of +%HP.

I'm kidding. I'm not sure if I have space for another Mech, sadly. I only have two characters I can delete (one of them being a Mechanic). Everything else is 120+ or has a link skill. =/

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I think 8% damage reduction from 2 BaMs is better than 8% HP personally, but i imagine you want the warrior set effect. 10% HP to flat damage isn't that great though. :/

17. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Bishop Bahamut, Bowman/Xbow Bird, wild hunter bird, Sair after revamp gets a few summons...

I will probably use Sair / Cedes / Aran or take out Sair and put something better...

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

If it were summon DAMAGE instead of DURATION it wouldn't be such a s'hitty card. Mechanic is better than sair simply because base durations are far longer for buffs than for summons and pretty much every single summon is lagless casting whereas buffing can be upwards of 15-30 seconds depending on the class and amount of decent skills so the less often you have to do that the better it is for damage over time.

19. Default Re: What's the better character card deck set, Thief or Pirate?

Yeah good point... I wish they had more "decks" like... 3 Ranged class, 3 Melee, etc.

20. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

By the way, isn't the warrior set useful too?

Though, I'll go for a pirate set, already started to work on it.