1. Default The global flattening of the gaming business

More...

2. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

And THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

3. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

I am quite tired of reading garbage like that myself... just because mobile gaming is rapidly expanding that does not mean the future of all gaming lies solely in pomegranatety cash grab cell phone or tablet games. So irritating.

4. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

maximum profitability exists in addiction based game models, the kind you can go back to and spend money on time and time again.

5. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

I understand that but these people keep talking as though console gaming is going to be literally wiped off the face of the earth as a result. Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

ie, gachapon and marvel and cubing...for maple...on pc.

7. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

Or you know, you stop producing World of warcraft clones, and pomegranatety quick rich schemes. Seriously the koreans have all the good pineappleing MMO's ;-;

8. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

It's all about market share though.

Practically everyone has a smartphone. You can game anywhere, anytime, on mobile. You have access to the internet practically everywhere you go. You can't plantain around on maplestory while you're riding the train, the bus.

Just look at how much money candy crush rakes in and you'll know exactly why this mindset exists. It's because mobile gamers are, at the moment, the current majority market share.

9. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I'm proud to say that my phone is dead 80% of the time, I have cell phone coverage 0% of the time, and only have wifi on it when I'm at school.

Feels good man, don't need that trash and it's sad that other people feel that they do.

10. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

My phone is 13 years old, and my plan is 100 minutes a month, I use 0-5 of those minutes. It's also a flip phone, and doesn't have any services other than simply calling people activated. My parents both had the same but recently they got some Galaxy S5s at a black friday sale for 83 cents each.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

only thing i use my phone for is checking the internet at work. i don't tend to call people except maybe once a week to get together. but i've certainly seen an increase in people playing stuff on their cells, namely battle of clans lately

12. Default Re: The global flattening of the gaming business

congratulations, just because you don't fit the demographic, doesn't mean it's not a large one.