6 25.00%
  • No

7 29.17%
  • Huh

11 45.83%

Thread: Description

1. Default Description

So, I just got introduced as

"The nicest person you'll ever meet and the most unfortunate person to ever cross."

Does that sum me up well?

2. Default Re: Description

Isn't that some sort of cliche/cheesy "quote"/line?
    If so, I'd be ashamed someone described me using those words.

3. Default Re: Description

Are you incapable of googling it?

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Description

i think this is a better description of you, honestly.

Spoiler

5. Default Re: Description

This amuses me because it demonstrates perfectly how narrow of a facet of me any of you have seen, and more importantly how the majority of you interpret everything I do and say based on that itty bitty facet rather than at face value.

6. Default Re: Description

Isn't that how forums work though? It's not as though any single one of us knows more about each other than what we see each other post.

7. Default Re: Description

It is yes, but it's good for both sides of that to sanity check it now and then and see a comparison of how the internet thinks of a person vs how people who actually know them do.

Think of how many people here you have an opinion on based on how little you really know of them.

It makes you wonder how many of you are even aware that your opinion is, or should be, constrained to the context it originated from.

8. Default Re: Description

Untradeable is probably the only person who voted who is pretty new here so it could be taken as a first impression I guess.

9. Default Re: Description

Are you aware of your own biases?

10. Default Re: Description

I'm aware you think I have them.

I am not necessarily aware of what you think my biases are.

About most of them I suspect you are mistaken.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i am fully aware that what you show isn't all there is, as said, that's how forums work, however, i'm only judging what i see, not what i have yet to see.

12. Default Re: Description

That's exactly what I mean, though. I wasn't asking that in a personal sense. I would ask it of anyone without negative connotation. "Are you without biases or have you never noticed them?" You assumed the worst of my post because of previous experiences when you could've just answered the question objectively.

I'm not mocking you, either. I have biases, too.

13. Default Re: Description

That wasn't an example of bias, that was an example of responding to a vague question with the assumption it was a continuation of the last time the same person brought up the same subject.

To answer the extremely general question, yes, I am aware of my biases. They're seldom relevant, really.

14. Default Re: Description

I don't know enough about you to say much on the line, really. It doesn't seem too far wrong from what I do know.

15. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

To use your own concept of exceedingly narrow facets seen by the public, yes, this sums up said facet well. You as a complete person? Per your own statement regarding public/private personality facets, none of us can answer the question because we don't know you.

16. Default Re: Description

Your biases pertain to the thread, though, when you're pointing out those that others form of you.

I don't believe humans are capable of completely understanding other humans. We create roles for others to play in our head because it's easier to communicate and empathize with someone you believe you know. Southperrians create roles for you based on prior posting habits because it's easier than having to dissect every little thing you write, or alternatively, disregarding the existence of your username when reading your posts and threads.

17. Default Re: Description

Oddly enough I do this naturally. For the most part I disregard the who and only read what's said, unless I am trying to piece together a stream of back and forth between people in a thread, and even then I don't generally associate context based on the speaker so much as divide the conversation in to person a and person b.

When the dialogue appears to be missing subtext, or to contain additional undertones, I fall back on trying to place it into the context of known information regarding the author and previous subject matter.

The vast majority of the time the author is distinctly irrelevant.