Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Neon Atom
    IGN: Ibeatkids
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 170
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Reborn
    Alliance: Leafre

Default Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Well, 2 inkwell diary posts were posted. One was a hint at the resistance revamp but then this was posted like an hour ago.....Chaos pinkbean? Thoughts?

imo, I think this will just be a boss that only the rich kids can kill. Probably not even the rich kids because pinkbean is already hard enough as it is. But hey, we are getting high levelish content right?

http://leafre.net/showthread.php?131...nk-of-Surprise

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

inb4 the little pb is what we've been fighting so far

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

>pink bean is hard

Hahahahahahahahaha

4. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

its only not hard to rich kids

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

@ShadeCaro isn't rich by the general standard (damage cap) but him and his group of average funded players PB on a weekly basis. PB can and is duo'd even on a semi-daily basis by players like @Dark Link and @Green4Ever.

Pink bean is not hard.

6. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

It's not hard if you spend thousands of dollars on equips like bleve

7. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

@Takebacker;

Just because a boss can be defeated doesn't mean it isn't "difficult". Pink Bean's Damage Reflect adds a retarded difficulty/time restraint difficulty to it. With a 43 second cooldown and over 20 second duration you have a little time frame to attack it, solo that is. With groups it's a bit different especially with the time restraint added to Dark Bind/Magic Crash. All these bosses were difficult but tend to decrease in difficulty as time passes. Calling Pink Bean "easy" because you and a couple of your friends are capable to duo/kill it in a weekly basis is a retarded point because not every mapler is exactly like your friend.

8. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Interested to know what will drop from it. My guess is a 3rd tier potential ring/badge/heart.

9. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

inb4 Chaos Empress & Chaos Akyrum!!

Really hoping they fix Wild Hunters.. Sonic Roar is still pretty bad it seems..
    .. as well as Party Shield, the rates on that skill just seems horrible compared to Smokescreen for Shadowers..

10. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

wasnt there a event where people could see A REALLY BIG pink bean... i think it was jms

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I'm not saying it isn't difficult. I can't solo him (yet), so why would i be so adament about it's difficulty if i can't kill him in the easiest possible way without any help?

Time restraint? Yes. Difficulty? No. Once you know how timers work (something you don't even need to fight him to understand) it's the easiest thing in the world to start/stop attacking on a dime. The existence of damage reflect is not something that adds difficulty in the way of avoiding death, but in increasing the force necessary to down him.

The fact that the boss is considered a joke in a group setting is one of the points that prove that he isn't hard. When a boss's only remaining way of being seen as a challenge is when you're soloing, he can't be considered hard enough for a chaos version to be unnecessary.

Which is why a chaos version is a good idea.

What the hell happened to SP wanting high level content and new bosses? >_>

I didn't say everyone was. They're called examples. Pink bean is not hard for the target audience it is catered to, whether you be strong enough to solo or weak enough to be in a group, he can be killed with little actual effort in either situation.

12. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

I hope they add things to it to involve other classes like mages. I don't want this to just be a boss where some hacker just goes in and kills it. Or some high powered demonslayer goes in a solos it. I'd like Nexon to promote party bossing more. Those baby Beans should be killable by magic attacks only with around 40m HP per baby Bean, just like Akyrium's summons. They should add other obstacles to it too, make it as difficult as possible.

13. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Now that's something to look forward to!
    Hope they change it's appearance unlike chaos zak/HT which is just the same monster with extra skills+hp :l

14. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Verbatim: "Pink bean is not hard"

Just so you know, the DR on Pink Bean to my knowledge is broken to an extent. I don't believe the data states that those are the actual start/end times for DR so in order to find out you probably would have to fight it.

As I mentioned before, just because it is a joke to certain group settings does not mean it's a joke to other groups. This concept is not difficult to grasp, as you are and never will be the majority of maple players.

This isn't high level content, this is rehashed useless content that is barely original. It's taking an old idea and expanding on its difficulty by adding a gimmick to it. If you want an example of this, just look at Chaos Zakum/Chaos Horntail and how they turned out.

Mentioned this twice. You're really adamant about generalising with little proof or data. You and your friends != all of maple.

15. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

This is the big summer patch? A gimmicky boss and Resistance "revamps" (again) before finishing the rest of the adventurers, or the Pirate Legend, or the rest of the Cygnus Instructors?

Wow.

16. Proton Male
    IGN: Edeott
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 19x
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: ALandCrew
    Alliance: NAR
    usa

I wonder what the Wheel of Revamp will land on next month?

17. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Exactly. It's like saying Cygnus isn't difficult.

18. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

oh boy am i going to have fun toying with all of you~

◕ ‿‿ ◕

19. Neon Atom
    IGN: Ibeatkids
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 170
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Reborn
    Alliance: Leafre

This isn't an ENTIRE summer patch. Most likely pinkbean/resistance revamps will hit KMST next week and be out the week after. The "big" summer patch is probably in july which is probably those new classes that were in the data.

20. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Not the same as saying he's easy. Since when was it cut and dry one or the other? We both agree there is a level of difficulty, your perception of it is merely exaggerated compared to mine.

Didn't know that, but it matters little. Whether you find out the times from someone or fight him yourself, you aren't going to charge in and just attack expecting to tank every hit including DR. You're going to patiently follow those timers whether they're exact or not and attack him when he is casting an animation if you think he's close to DRing. Something you also don't need to actually fight him to understand.

I'm not saying you can kill PB with no prior experience. (or maybe people can? who knows) I'm saying understanding the mechanics and strategy to the fight and still come out successful isn't hard.

1) I didn't say "I" in that quote. I never said i was the majority, i never said funded players are the majority. I did say, however, that the majority of players are capable of beating him in a group setting because crash and bind exist, a point you yourself brought up.
    2) Just because they don't consider him a joke doesn't mean is in fact not a joke. People exaggerate difficulty when they are intimidated by something they've never attempted. If the people who consider him on the same level as empress actually went and finished a run, they wouldn't see him in the same light they did before.

You inferred the wrong usage of "new". It's different.

Chaos zak/HT turned out fine. They added two bosses for two completely different groups of players, something this game desperately needs. Variety in bossing. Or do you think high levels don't in fact need something different to do?

Yeah that's what i get for replying on a mobile phone.

You're really adamant about disagreeing with me because you think i have no perspective. :/

When did i say me and my friends = all of maple? I remember saying players (who happen to be friends, minus green4ever, i don't know him, just his accomplishments he posts here) of wildly different power levels are capable of killing pink bean. Am i wrong in stating that this is what they do? Do you need more examples or something? Sorry i'm in a small server, certainly couldn't compare to windia, a pinnacle server for the bossing elite. You must see pink bean messages all the time. Or is he too hard for that to happen? Either way, pink bean is a lot easier than he was before big bang, and Nexon finally realizes this. Whether you agree with me or not i don't really care, but CPB will be released regardless of whether the sea parts and we actually agree on this.