1. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Ah, I asked because you have it italicized as a priority 4th job skill to steal. I was wondering if that should be changed given decent SE availability and the option of two different damage boosting skills (one of which helps you heavily reduce elemental damage and status effects).

I'm curious though why pirate style isn't liked 0.o

2. Default

Because it's not Rapid Fire.

3. Default

Wouldn't Power Guard be a better option over Meso Guard? Both block 50% damage but Power Guard has damage reflection instead of the meso converting. Or does Power Guard not block things like 1/1?

Also Purge Area (4th job Night Lord skill) could be a decent option for 4th job, assuming it can be stolen. It reduces a monster's Atk/Def by 30% and speed by 60% for 40 seconds. I wonder if it's possible to cast this skill and switch over to another since it's kinda like Poison Mist.

Dark Sight is a good option for 1st job assuming it can be stolen. Mystic Door could provide some utility if you don't have the decent version.

4. Default

DS can be stolen, but I don't see it being a very good option.
    Can't attack while you're in it, it's not ADS.
    You can't even use a skill to deactivate it, you have to hit the attack button to, then use whatever skills.
    I tried it, and then took it off after a minute or two.

5. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

But SE is recommended as a support skill in this, when pirate style isn't. I know that rapid fire is the best choice for a 4th job attack skill. I was wondering why SE > pirate style for a 4th job support skill.

6. Default

People have different ideas of what "support" means. SE supports the whole party, and improves a phantom's damage more than pirate style. Pirate style adds other benefits to the Phantom besides damage, though.

Really, I'd say the best support skill to steal on a ~130 Phantom is max MW, it helps everyone equally, while SE is only really good for crit classes. (MW can be stolen, right?)

7. Default

No, you can't steal MW. SE is a pretty big boost in damage, but it can be gotten from gloves, so Pirate Style is good as well.

Dark Sight is nice if you want to walk across an area or stand somewhere and not get hit. Phantom Shroud gives you that Dark Sight effect, but you have to do its movement thing, and it only lasts like 10 seconds, or 3 movements.

Having gone through most of second job like Danny, I think we both recommend Call of Fate to be maxed before Brise Carte unless you're REALLY REALLY strong or want to use a second attack like Iron Arrow or Tornado Upper afterwards. Brise Carte has a long spam delay and does significantly less damage. Its advantage is it hits 10 monsters, so if you're strong enough to OHKO with it, go with that first. Call of Fate is amazingly strong, and I OHKO most of the monsters I trained on with level 1, but it only hits 3 monsters. If you intend to actually train with it, it should be first priority so you can train on higher level monsters. If not, then Talent should be first priority to get a better training skill or Mental Clarity/some other support. Blanc Card is pretty useless because you don't need the extra DPS from Judgement, in my opinion.

8. Default

Updated 2nd job.

Also Support = Stuff that supports you or other people. Offense = moves that are offensive, as in it is an attack.

Edit:

Updated 3rd job too.
    Last edited by Locked; 2011-12-30 at 08:14 PM.

9. Default

If you're SUPER STRONG, Phantom Charge would be superior since it moves you forward, and hits 10 monsters, but since most people can't OHKO monsters that are higher level than them because of misses and you're vulnerable at the end of Phantom Charge without Twilight, it looks like Coat of Arms is the superior training skill in 3rd job since it does 4 hits very quickly to take advantage of getting a higher chance to do damage and activate Blanc Carte. I would bump it up earlier since it's a 1.2x increase in damage from 1 to 11. I still don't feel Blanc Carte is that significant to warrant maxing Acute Sense before Moonlight, but that's rather meaningless either way. I can't refind a Paladin, but if you have Threaten, or any other debuff, you can try casting it on a monster and switching to a different skill to see if it dispells or not. If it stays on the monster, then Continual Aiming likely will as well, and vice versa.

10. Default

Can you steal shadow partner? If so I think that would be a good addition.

11. Default

Shadow Partner is a summon, so nope.

12. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Power guard is only 1/2 as effective on bosses iirc

13. Default

It does stay, as shown in this video. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM4MzE4MDIw.html
    He uses Threaten and Magic Crash on Zakum and then switches skills.

14. Default

just wondering, why do people choose hero combos, over paladins charges, i mean Fire charge is 150% damage, compared to Hero combo. Can you not copy paladin charges?

15. Default

Could be a possibility to switch Threaten when bossing then for Mental Clarity.
    Yes.
    No.

Also, I am disgusted at the number of people training with Double-barrel, Ice Strike, Shade Split, instead of Holy Symbol.

Stealable skills:

Warrior

Magician

Bowman

Rogue

Pirate
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-01-02 at 05:23 PM.

16. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Would I be a good idea to get Illusion step for it's 40 dex and 30% dodge rate?

17. Default

Stealing Shadower Instinct seems like a good idea, really.
    Each Assassinate point increases your damage, much like Combo Attack?
    So...
    Having Combo Attack and Shadower Instinct together would boost your damage by quite a bit; 25% damage from Combo Attack, and 120 attack from Shadower Instinct sounds nice.

18. Default

Good luck using Shadow Instinct together with Assassinate.