1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default What's the point of arrows?

And furthermore, what's the point of having all the other arrows with attack boosts?
    Soul Arrow and its equivalents just ends up cancelling the attack boost anyway. And there's no point to not use Soul Arrow, as the attack boost is higher than that given by any arrow.
    There's no point in carrying arrows. They just serve as annoying things for monsters to drop for your pet to pick up and clog up your use inventory so you have to drop them frequently.

Why can't it be like corsairs, who have a similar skill that initially consumes a few bullets in order to attack without using bullets, and retaining the attack boost from the bullets?

2. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

Attack boost arrows are now relics of the past. Like the capsules Outlaw used to use for Flamethrower and Ice Spitter. Just kind of...there after the revamp.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i think the only use arrows have, is thagt when you get dispelled, your attacks don't stop cold, for that minimal extra damage.

but i'm no archer expert, as a warrior, there's no point to arrows.

4. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

Arrows are an outdated system nexon won't remove. You do still need arrows initially, before you get soul arrow, although not really that many. I agree regular arrows dropping form higher level mobs is stupid, but most mob drops are outdated anyway (potion drops suck for most mobs). Arrows are useful for raising blacksmith level though. I don't know if buff cancel affects soul arrow, but if it does, i guess having a few arrows could help.

5. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

the point is: so people can buy mesos from farmers (and sadly its true)

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

wait, no, found the only use for arrows i can think of:

people need em for selling their Nx/buying their meso, as other items don't stack in the same huge amounts and avoiding tax is a must. (they also really help in smithing as niernen said, only item that stacks i think, i was going nuts with accessory and their rings eating all my slots every 2 mins.)

7. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

sharp

Spoiler

8. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

Even then, pet food stacks up to 1000, I always use that for transferring meso since I always have a stack on me too. Arrows are just irritating.

9. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

I kind of wish the outlaw capsules were still a thing. I'd make them have limit and you'd have to recharge them though.

10. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

The only problem with that is now they no longer have any sort of skills to use them. Every skill attack skill is just bullet based now. You don't even use your own gun after 2nd job with the exception of Rapid Fire. 3rd job is Blunderbuster and 4th job is Eight Legs Easton and then Broadside when you hit 150.

11. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

I'd love to see a return of capsules, although as mentioned before their initial skills (Flamethrower and Ice Splitter) were removed.

It would be interesting for Nexon to revamp "projectiles" entirely. Give certain arrows passive effects (like stun, DoT, etc). Make capsules give a graphical change to attacks, as well as fire Dot and the frozen affect returning (with icy graphical effect). If they can adjust the look of damage numbers with skins, this should be possible as well.

12. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

Since no once seems to have mentioned it yet, the point of arrows is the sharp, dangerous end that is supposed to be inserted into enemies.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

14. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

Archery Mastery.

Archery Mastery.

Archery Mastery.

15. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

Unless you happen to be a Wild Hunter or Wind Archer.

16. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

If I don't have any crappy pots on me, I use them to collect my splits from boss runs

17. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

Doesn't apply to Wind Archers though, sadly. Arrows are still required for them in 1st job.

Summoning Rocks and Magic Rocks are also useless now. The only possible use I can think of for Magic Rocks is for that cape quest in El Nath, and even that can just remove them.

18. Default Re: What's the point of arrows?

I don't.

Just remembered ('cause she doesn't have Soul Arrow either) that Mercedes don't need arrows either. Though they do need their secondary weapon to attack.

19. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Aw they removed the magic rock requirement for mystic door and I never realized it?
    Oh well I guess I can have more room on my bishop.

Oh wait -- what about Decent Mystic Door?