1. Default Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

Basically, what you're going to need to do, is make sure that blackcipher and maplestory aren't using the same core, that way they don't eat up each others processor time.

By doing this, you force them to be separate from each other, and basically blackcipher won't be lagging your client as much as it normally does because let's face it, it's horrible unoptimized garbage, but at least now it won't be horrible unoptimized garbage that spikes processor usage to 100% intermittently.

Not even sure if allowing maple access to 3/4 of my cores is gonna do anything, because I'm pretty sure the client doesn't take advantage of multiple cores as it is.

And yes, cipher will still be doing the cipher thing if you do this, this isn't hax.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

Ooooooooo this is neat

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Seems like a smart idea.

4. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

known about this for a WHILE. the only problem, is that you have to set that every time you relaunch; also; depending on the cipher version, it will reset itself OR d/c you, because its not using enough resources. sometimes.. SOMETIMES, adjusting BC will have negative results.

THAT BEING SAID... im using a certain program that restricts cipher in just this manner, at the beginning of every launch. and it appears to work for me. this last patch v152, i have a LOT higher usage on maplestory itself tho

5. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

Lemme test it and I'll get back to you. Maybe it will save my computer from overheating when I play Maplestory hahah.

Hadriel

6. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

I used to set blackcipher to low priority and make it use only 1 of my 8 cores back when it leaked. Their so called leak fix just made it even harder for me to mess with it at all. Well... eventually blackcipher eventually refuses to be messed with and will crash itself leading to MS itself closing on you. It's just better off not messing with it like somebody else said.

7. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

Can I have permission to use those pictures? I'll go ahead on the assumption yes for now, but if no I'll remove all instances of it.

8. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

By all means.

9. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

Thank you.

10. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

I get 'Access is Denied" when I attempt this with Maplestory or BlackCipher. Most other progrms allow it except the antivirus, and some system stuff.

11. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

Have you tried pressing 'View processes of all users' (or something similar, the button with the administrator shield next to it) and then changing the cores used? I recall you had to do that if you wanted to change the priority of Maple, which was needed after Big Bang in EMS.

12. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

I swear this was something that was introduced last year, but I guess I'm mistaken since I can't find anything regarding it

13. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

The extents we go to play this game lag free.

14. Default Re: Just a trick someone told me about to fix blackcipher lag.

Thanks, that works now. I'll have to experiment with this when I get back from vacation to see if it reduces video freezes during multi-kills in places like Commerci runs or the AMG (Ancient Mixed Golum) map.

15. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

you should be correct. I've used this a long time ago during a patch I cant remember. But it was quite a while back