Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Just a couple questions:

What are pets used for, exactly? Are they used to buff yourself, add stats, add extra attacks...?

I also sometimes see blue numbers jump out after hitting some monsters, and was wondering what those were.

Edit: One more...

I made a WM, and have no idea what weapon mastery to take. I'm guessing it would be smarter to wait until I can get a decent weapon before I pump points in?

2. Default

in order of asking:

Pretty much just that.

I have no idea what the blue numbers are for.

Most people go with lightsabers, though you can choose whatever weapon you want. If you're just beginning, you may want to take a look at a few WM builds before making your own.

3. Default

4. Default

It also happens when you apply elemental damage to your weapon sometimes, like when I use Silver Bullet and it makes me do little added blue numbers until it wears off.

5. Default

Apparently this game a tutorial button thing in-game that I just found out.

There are also some pretty useless tips provided as well:

Plate armor all day only guys or else.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

How the heck did you get that UI?

7. Default

It's fugly anyway. I prefer my fox.

8. Default

Get the .npk file and replace the one in your DFO Imagepack folder.

9. Default

I request I guide for this. I so nub
    And can someone give help me change my verd music? I hate grinding all day in that place, with that annoying music.
    I want some Donkey Kong music on there to match the grassyness. o3o

10. Default

Um, mute the game music and load up some Donkey Kong? Like, by downloading it and making a playlist and setting it on repeat?

11. Default

Just get a music converter that changes MP3 files to OLG and replace them in the DFO music folder under the same name of the dungeon you run.

Or get iTunes.

12. Default

Quick question: Is there any way to adjust which stats you gain on level-up, or is it randomized within a certain range each time?

Just wondering, because my friend's Witch has about 1950 MP at lvl42 with leather equips, while it seems most other Witches her level have 2500+, even with leather armor and not using avatars. Did she mess up something along the way, or is it just a matter of equips?

13. Default

Stats are automatically gained upon leveling up.
    Stat gain per-level

14. Default

I just though of something! The //setcharacter and //setitem commands are pretty darn useful and something that I tend to overlook often. If an item lands in an entryway of the room and you don't wanna go that way... and if you haven't used //setitem, use it! Useful!

15. Default

//setcharacter just saved my butt the other day during Frostfield farming. Fire man Fire Wave'd me past some trees near the wall and got me completely stuck. I would have had to leave or kill myself if not for the magic of //setcharacter.

First time having to use it seriously. And I was thankful.

16. Default

Best practical //setitem use I can think of is to snag that white card your party member's about to loot. Only good once per run though.

17. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Stupid question, is there a way to disable the filter? I could swear I've seen people able to swear with no filter in screenshots before.

18. Default

No, but there is a very well-known bypass trick.

In DFO, the "\" key is glitched and doesn't register at all. It's funky. If you use it while typing, it creates a void that throws everything off (but it still appears normal). Throw it in between letters of what would normally be censored to bypass the filter catching it. Like so:

You naughty! -> turns into -> You @#&%!

You nau\ghty! -> appears as -> You naughty!

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Including this for reference, that higher difficulty doesn't equal higher drops, so higher difficulty is not needed if you just want to farm a dungeon on a character for potions/white + blue gear/crafting materials like Ryan Cokes. Also far less time/potion consuming and rage inducing.

http://www.dfosource.com/forum/korea...-vs-drops.html

20. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Does dungeon difficulty make a big difference in EXP? Asking because I want to grind dungeons with John (who is four levels lower, and thus, can not access the higher dungeons with me) but going on Master's or King's is a bit painful in, say... Catacombs. e_e