Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

So I know super cubes have a *slightly* higher chance of raising the potential tier of items, but I was wondering if it was worth using regular miris until unique then using supers from then on, or if it's actually cheaper to just go supers all the way?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

I don't think anyone knows the real odds, so you're going to get subjective answers.

One way: use occult until you get epic, then wait for a double miracle time and use supers, hoping for a double raise.
    Another way: wait for the Unique Potential scrolls (attendance event ending mid-august).

3. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

No one really knows the answer to your question of cube uprank chances unless Nexon straight up reveal the % chances themselves. However, the most cheapest way I can think is having level 30 mule accounts to farm Epic Potential Scrolls from Hot Time events and such (assuming your equip is freely tradeable).

But if you're cubing an everyday common piece of armor and not empress, fafrir or some other expensive set, I would rather cube an equip with the bonus on the bottom that has a 100% chance to uprank a tier with a single cube reset.

4. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

Ah, well I'm in EMS and so occult cubes aren't really an option. However there is a double miri time today so I guess I'll use that with supers on my epic stuff.

5. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

If you are going all the way to legendary, the cheapest way would either be waiting for a cubing event or using a unique potential scroll and then cubing from there.

6. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

My Loveless Shining Rod went from Epic crap to Rare 6MA in one occult cube. Bad luck, maybe, but at least it became much more useful than rubbish HP/MP stats.

Hadriel

7. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

I think @Locked; once claimed it was better to use normal cubes til epic, and then go with the supers. That was a long time ago though, before most of the newer cubes though

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

Unique pot to super cubes. No exceptions.

9. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

If someone can afford to it'd be interesting to see the difference between Super/Enlightening/Platinum unique > legendary rank up chances, 1.9k/2.5k/2.9k NX a pop is a pretty crazy increase though ._. from my experience Super cubes seem to have around a 3-5% rank up chance. I've not used Enlightening or Platinum to rank up so I have no idea about those though.

I've always done epic pot (or regular cubes from rare > epic if you have none), then super cubes from epic > legendary, enlightening were never on sale when I wanted to rank something up and platinum has only been out for a little while and they're absurdly expensive.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I once did 100k worth of the 15k enlightening packs (during miracle time, even) and didn't have any better luck than when i used supers.

The cost differential allows for you to get more cubes in the long run so i'm just sticking with supers. I was hoping premiums would be double upgrade rate of supers to make them actually worth the cost but that clearly isn't the case.

11. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

Tried it with (regrettably, only) two packs on a miracle time. Don't do it.

Backing up Takebacker on the notion to stick with Supers for sheer quantity purposes.

Basil had a front page thread about Platinum cube feedback about a week ago too. Majority of the posts said the Platinum Cubes are terrible.

12. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

@Takebacker; Ah, damn that sucks =/ well, Super Cubes it is then I guess. It's a shame the unique potential scrolls are only going to last a week, it'd be so good to be able to stock up on them for future equips x.x

13. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

If you've stocked up on storage slots you can keep them indefinitely. If you put them in storage they don't expire, and you have about a minute to use (or return to storage) if you take them out after the expiry date.

14. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

This. I've done this with the old full AP and SP resets they had given out for hot days and still have them in my storage to this day.

15. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

I thought they were untradable.

16. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

Account tradeable.
    I have resets in my storage that expired over a year ago (and I've even used a few successfully).

17. Default Re: What's the cheapest way to cube an item from Rare?

Yea I have a few of those in the storage too, I just thought the Unique pot scrolls would be untradable to prevent hoarding. Great news if they aren't!

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

But if you put them in storage they'll stack on themselves right? You can take them out of storage one at a time?

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Items that don't have the same expiration date-and-time don't stack.

20. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Oh ok so i get to clog all of the slots in my storage for months, sweet lol.