http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/news/current/00HBw/

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: The Philosopher's Book, Tommelise's Box, and a Note About Security

LOL.
    If you enter your account information on their site, they don't need to keylog.
    Conversely, if they manage to install a keylogger on your computer, they don't need you to enter anything on their site.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

they could do it in case you change your pass/pin and start from zero/mule acc items, but yea, usual nexon stuff.

4. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: JustFezXD
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: LunarKnightz
    Alliance: RegalKnightz
    Oklahoma

LOL.
    Noobs who think they know...

5. Default Re: The Philosopher's Book, Tommelise's Box, and a Note About Security

Huh. I bought a philosopher book on my account using credit before I was banned.

6. Default Re: The Philosopher's Book, Tommelise's Box, and a Note About Security

Ok, one less thing to do with my 20 bucks
    [X] Nexon Cash

I'll go for another better thing until this is solved (or maybe not).

7. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you better check yo'self b4 you wreck yo'self.

8. Default Re: The Philosopher's Book, Tommelise's Box, and a Note About Security

The entire point of a keylogger is to obtain information from the victim without them knowing it. If they're willingly walking straight to your doorstep and hand-delivering that information to you personally, why on earth would you need any keylogging software?

9. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: JustFezXD
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: LunarKnightz
    Alliance: RegalKnightz
    Oklahoma

You guys are idiots.. If you don't know a thing about what you're talking about then I suggest you hush. You're talking to a guy who WORKS in network security. (Believing it or not is your problem).

10. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Sit your know-it-all ass down.

First off, you don't know anything about me, or where I stand on the issue presented in this thread.
    Secondly, you sure come across as a condescending pimento for being new to this forum; you should tread lightly unless you wish to crash and burn here very quickly.

Third, I could care less about your employment; get off your high horse, your position means nothing.

11. Default Re: The Philosopher's Book, Tommelise's Box, and a Note About Security

Network security has nothing to do with it.

Nexon states that "logging" into other websites outside of nexon would create a risk of being keylogged. That's incorrect, that just be them logging your information and logging into it. A keylogger is installed, no other way about it. If you want to talk about RATs or whatever, those methods aren't relevant to the post, or the nexon announcement.

You can be an idiot savant when it comes to networking but your ability to comprehend basic sentence structure is clearly suffering because of it.

12. Default Re: The Philosopher's Book, Tommelise's Box, and a Note About Security

People can log into my account if I give them all my login info? How is this possible???