1. Default Am I ready to solo Horntail?

Basically I want to start soloing horntail because zhelms don't seem to sell anymore in Khaini, and I want a better source of income. My current buffed range is around 38k (lvl 181 bucc) and I can clear the ToT monster park in 10 minutes. My zak time is about 30mins. Am I ready, or should I find a partner?

2. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

I don't know if you would be able to kill it if it takes you 30 minutes to kill Zakum...
    You won't be able to kill it if it takes you 30 minutes to kill Zakum. The two preheads alone have far more HP than Zakum does.
    I would get a partner (a Phantom or Bishop if possible so they can protect/revive you if necessary) so you can get the hang of things and then try a solo later on.

3. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

If you're taking 30 minutes to kill zak I don't think you have enough DPS to take horntail down. Maybe once you can take Zak down in 10 minutes or so you'll have enough DPS...

4. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

How hard is it to find a party to do the PQ for the badge? I don't want to keep wasting Manon's Cries just to find that no one is ever in there

5. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

Usually it's easier to setup a party beforehand to get the badge, so you don't keep wasting manon's crys. Atleast that's how we did it for my badge, most people dont wait inside HT"s cave to find people for badges

6. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

I guess I'll try a solo when hypers come out.In the mean time I will just stick to Zakum and just scissor and sell helms and skillbooks. That seems way better than gambling with the surprise style box, at least.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

That's so much NX spent on scissors though. The payoff isn't worth it. Czak helms, maybe. Especially now that demon avenger is out people wanna hoard that stuff.

8. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

So should I go with surprise style boxes? :/

9. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

Honestly, I wouldn't rely on using NX as a source of income when the profit margin is so small. If it were things like CZaks or CHTPs, then it could viable.

There are other ways to make money without ever needing to spend a dime though.
    For instance, the Tempest shop is a few days away and it would be pretty easy to make good money out of that, although, I'm not sure how easy it will be to farm coins.

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

If you can solo zak, you can probably solo hilla (although she'll be slightly harder). And hilla drops necro equips which easily sell for ~2 mil each (in GAZED at least). Zak helms have pretty much been rendered worthless with mesoranger item sets being out and amasdusius/crocell/etc hats not being much worse than zhelms anyway.

11. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

I completely forgot about that. Yeah, Zhelms are essentially worthless now since secondary stats are (almost) worthless/pointless to have.

12. Default Re: Am I ready to solo Horntail?

I don't even bother even bother trying to sell necro weapons anymore ever since 'rise against' supposively increased their drop rate, I usually just extract them for superior crystals and attempt to sell those. Unless I got a necro shining rod or soul shooter, which hasn't happen to me yet.

13. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

If you do a lot of events and play them right, then you can make a lot of money. Events are my primary source of income considering I don't boss much.