IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

Am I missing some vital piece of information, or is revenue really decreasing by that much for Nexon NA and Nexon Korea?

3. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

I'm thinking the same thing looking at the numbers. But what, even Korea?
    Last edited by Curtiss; 2012-11-08 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Editing non-relevant things.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Well this is interesting...

5. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

I think China is to thank for them exceeding income forecasts.

Nexon KR and NA should be getting wake up calls right now with that massive plummet.

Maybe the KMS players aren't as happy about these updates as people like to pretend (I remember all the "KMSers like tons of characters!" arguments). Of course, this isn't just KMS but all of NexonKR, but IIRC, MS is still their biggest cash cow, so that large of a drop probably means a drop in sales in MS.

6. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

Well, given how China is the only region that had any growth I guess they must be really thankful.

I wouldn't be surprised if even the KMS players are getting tired of the repetitive changes of the game without addition of new content that's there to stay, as there's really only so much you can spend to upgrade your equipment before you realize there IS nothing you can do once you can beat bosses like Cygnus and Magnus and no one plays an MMORPG that's doesn't keep offering new stuff; if I wanted something like that I'd spend cash on an excellent console RPG that would have set content but I could at least enjoy the experience of replaying it.

It makes me wonder though, how are those other games doing?
    Last edited by Curtiss; 2012-11-08 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Me no likey run-on sentences.

7. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

Either I'm blind or it doesn't seem to be a full report like the one about last fiscal year's income, where they gave status reports about their more popular games and had region specific game incomes. We might have to wait until the end of this fiscal year to see that.

I admit I am also curious.

8. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

I've gone through the report twice and it doesn't seem to have any breakdowns by game. Given how badly items are priced at MSEA I would love to see how much we're actually giving them but we're lumped in with the rest. I really lol'ed at this sentence though:

Off-topic: I'd just go back to console gaming if it had more games like Suikoden. Your avatar keeps reminding me that it's so aggravating looking for options in gaming whether it's consoles or online gaming.

9. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Disappointment in content mostly being just revamps and new classes is starting to show.

10. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

I can't say I'm surprised at Nexon America's revenue drop. Dem revamps after revamps.

Although I am surprised that Nexon Korea's percent drop nearly matches ours. I guess Tempest was a flop, even with Angelic Burster?

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Implying angelic buster wasn't the flop

12. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

"Free to play model is the way to go. All other games should be doing it."

Well, that didn't last long.

13. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

You can just go to their website to find it, this is the one thats most similar to the PDF that everyone was looking at last time.

14. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

Depends how you do it. Nexon started off well but they are now going about it all wrong and people are catching on and not falling for Nexon's screweverylastdimeoutofcustomers way of running things now.

15. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Probably. I think people were anticipated for some more entertaining and new stuff to released. Just a thought.

16. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

Interesting Strategy by nexon.

Step 1: Create superior job classes with interesting link skills, allow players to play that for a few months.
    Step 2: Create a new class, nerf the older more OP class.
    Step 3: Repeat Step1. Hopefully all players will buy their idea. Roll out 3-5 new character jobs every year. Try to make everyone play those jobs.

17. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

This isn't just Maple Story: it's a cumulative report of the entire region.

Maple may or may not be the culprit of lower revenue.

18. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

But as I mentioned earlier, considering MapleStory is their biggest game (and also most P2W from what I've noticed) it's very likely to be at least a majority of the loss.

19. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

think, second quarter was sumer means many money, this time schools've started so it will get some down as me, i spenmd more nx on summer

20. Default Re: Nexon Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

The percentage drops are year-to-year, meaning it compares the same period of time in 2011 to 2012 (so no seasonal differences).