1. Default Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

I reinstalled the client a couple of days ago and made a new character for old times sakes. It was a 'burning character' and I managed to level it from 1-140 in a couple of days with clean, non-scrolled equipment. What I noticed when I was walking around the maps is that GMS seems to be VERY empty now, I barely saw anybody else training. Free Market channel 1 was even empty as pineapple. Is there much more going on in the higher levelled content or is the game pretty much dead now? I used to love playing this game, I stopped around the time the Phantom class was introduced to GMS, must have been a good few years ago.

2. Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

Until EMS merges with GMS, I am no longer able to play GMS anymore since I'm in the UK, and the means to play GMS no longer work for me. I would like to play it again to see what's going on, see the new content. Some stuff is interesting, like I want to do RA with my Lumi now that party limited has been reduced to 1.

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

Strange, I'm in the UK and I'm still able to play GMS as normal.

4. Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

Older account right? because UK and no problem either.

I still log on now and then to check out new content and nostalgia sake. And yeah, the game seems like a ghost town. A friend of mine was talking to me the other day and even some private server that he was playing was getting more players than the official servers, kinda sad really.

5. Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

Reboot and Scania are essentially the only populated servers now. The rest are ghost towns.

6. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

We just need to return Windia to meme status it held in 2009.
    That's going to require a reduction in the damage cap so bosses require "boss crew" guilds again instead of soloings.
    Then everyone will want to join the fun clubs.

7. Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

Nah brah we'd rather multiply it by 200 and divide the community even further. The whales must be satiated!

8. Electron Male
    IGN: Auguro
    Server: Broa
    Level: 150
    Job: Hayato
    Guild: Nintendo
    Alliance: SmashBros
    Farm: Impleton
    usa

My servers are Broa, Khaini, and Reboot and all seem to be populated. I seen quite a few in Moon Bunnies as well as Masteria, Keep, and El Nath. On reboot, I can't go anywhere without seeing someone training or auto-training lol

Granted Khaini and Broa are kinda empty but chances are everyone flocked to other high-level training areas seeing that Maple is huge with the maps.

9. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 220
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

Been spending alot of time in Reboot myself, lots of people, can be annoying at times but if you know how to avoid the areas the are more likely to be populated, it's not so bad. My home server, Khaini is very quiet, not much going on there, always nice to go there from time to time when I want a little more peace and quiet and less people.

10. Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

I made a character on Reboot last night which seemed to be a lot more populated. The Burning character feature seems stupid though, you level up too quickly and outgrow the content before completing any quest chains. I decided to grind in the end and got to around level 70 (I remember when it used to take a SOLID day of playing to hit level 30 at a push). Copper Drakes was crowded as pineapple.

11. Default Re: Does anybody actually play Maplestory anymore?

I am playing right now and scania seems populated normally. I don't play for damage anymore, I decided to play to get through the main story of the game and once I run out of related quests I will quit and wait for more. In the meantime, I'll use any drops that can serve me to grow my character.

That is one of maplestory's current problems. they keep on making leveling too easy. You outgrow the content so fast that by the time you feel like you wanna do an, say party quests or regular quests, you will feel like "why bother anymore?". Now again they make leveling even easier by reducing the exp requirement by 30% up to lvl 200, even though most of the games content is aavailable much earlier than that.