Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Good And the Bad of Maplestory

what are the good things you like about maplestory?
    and what do you not like about maplestory?

2. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Pros:
    Simplicity of design and gameplay.
    No auto-attack/point-and-click gameplay.

Cons:
    Power creep.
    Hackers/Botters/Meso Sellers.
    plantainish members of the community.

3. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

This forum is already covered with the answers to these questions. Doesn't this seem a little pointless?

4. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

I like that I can dress in all pink.

Not enough bacon related content.

5. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Someone likes to make duplicate threads.

6. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Good: 2D side scroller with graphcis and gameplay like no other

Bad: NX is a 100% requirement and not just a small amount, HUGE AMOUNTS. (If can't afford NX you can replace the word NX for time and multiply that for 10).

7. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Hold down skills act like auto attacks, if you alt+tab or click out of the window while holding the skill down it will continue to use it, and hold down skills also are not affected by the antibot hit limit. With a jr.boogie familiar or auto pot, you can just click and afk for some classes (works well for Xenon Blade Dancing in Evo world).

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

But what about the ugly?

9. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Your lolis are always cute :3

10. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

You should see the full picture of my avatar...

11. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Oh do show
    do show

12. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

PMed to avoid getting banned (again).

Also, to get back on topic:

Maple was fun at first, when there were so many places to explore, quests to do, and the like. It was also a simpler design and I liked 2D games more. New classes (and new content in general) is what kept me playing for the most part. I never really had a main and liked to try out all the classes. But over time it got very repetitive and boring. Events helped, but then it just turned into: farm X amount of monster/coins/item. That, and many of the people I knew from when Nova opened quit.... like 90%.....

I also found better ways to waste my time, like anime and lolis.

13. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Maple was very grindy which was fine because that was the way it was. Then there was this wall that appeared. A gigantic wall that was impossible to pass without money.

14. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Annnnd you made someone else curious

OT:the good thing about maple is its a simple game and easy to get into. the bad thing is this area where things are too weak or too strong to solo and the comunity doesnt like parting up.

15. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

More like, non payers could slowly climb up with their bare hands. The walls are covered in their blood, sweat, tears, and urine. The people that payed small amounts could get some decent climbing gear to make it go faster. If they payed slightly more, or took advantage of some events, they could get some pretty good gear and would eventually get the hang of climbing the wall. And eventually, they may make it to the top. Some would fall off, some would quit, and some may even die. And when they made it to the top, what did they see? More walls. More and more walls, as far as the eyes could see. But, at the very edge of the horizon, there was a faint golden sparkle. It was this hopeful goal, this promised land, that they slaved away to reach, only to realize they never would, not at their pace, and not in their lifetime.

And then the people that gave out the real money could just nuke that pesky wall, and the ones behind it too.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

The good:
    -Pretty good music
    -Cutesy
    -Many different classes
    -Probably many people's first MMORPG
    -Has a lot to give for a F2P game

The bad:
    -Pay2Win has gone too far, not to mention you can dump thousands of dollars into this game and still not be good enough
    -Expiring NX clothes/pet stuff/shops
    -Cubes
    -Only the truly invested can get a sort of return from the time and money put into the game
    -Did I mention the return/enjoyment you get for your money is really horrendous in comparison to other F2P games?

17. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

well i dont be on the forums like that ... i wasnt aware of another thread like mines.... why get mad tho ? just ignore it....

18. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Never said I was mad, but this is the second time, and it was pointed out the first time. Not to mention you have posted in the parent threads so its not like you didn't know they were there. And it seems like every single time someone disagrees with you in a thread, you go and make a new thread so you can bring more attention to your question or yourself.

Also, its not the forum, its a user. Not the whole forum, just one person that doesn't seem to realize its them.

19. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

that's cheating though.

20. Default Re: Good And the Bad of Maplestory

Moneybags from Spyro found his way into MapleStory.

"I used to know how to knock down this wall...but I'm feeling rather forgetful. I feel like some money might help jog my memory. How about....five thousand of your gemsdollars?"