IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Commerci Trades

So why hasn't a thread ever been made?
    Anyway it looks to me that if you aren't ridiculously funded, there's not much point in doing anything further than Rosa.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Commerci Trades

I don't know what you consider "ridiculously funded". I have about 200k range (buffed) and I can kill all the bosses with a comfortable margin. Haven't gotten a single equip drop since they nerfed them, though, despite doing 2 Rien and 1 Lith run every day. Not even sure why I bother, anymore.

These trades have ugly memory leaks, though. If I don't do it on a clean Maple restart and with no browser running on my comp, I risk horrible lag, invisible bosses, invisible boat, and the occasional disconnect.

3. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

you best be citing your %boss and ignore def too.

I've heard tales of people having 300k range and having some trouble, either outright failing or just barely defeating it in enough time.

4. Default Re: Commerci Trades

Well take into consideration class, I mean, as a hero what's their base boss damage/ignore defense, their spike damage? I mean Sapta I imagine isn't ridiculously funded, even at 200k range, so if you know of people with 300k, how much boss damage/ignore defense would it take for you to surpass not only 100k of your range, but more like 300k+ since 300k is BARELY passing in their opinion, while sapta feels comfortable.

With 200k range, I doubt she'd have the %'s to make the differences you're suggesting

5. Default Re: Commerci Trades

Nexon recently added 100 seconds to Livyatan's timer, giving more of a chance to those who are less than ridiculously funded. Those tales are most likely from before the increase on the timer.

As for a guide, there really isn't much need for one. There's nothing complicated about them, since their attacks are unavoidable (low on HP? use a potion!), and the only ways you can fail are by not having enough DPS (buy NX today!) or by dying (I will admit to falling asleep during a voyage or two -cough-).

I only have two tips: stand to the right of Grosso Polpo to avoid being stun-locked, and if you can, stand as far away from Livyatan as you can so it does not use attacks that have invincibility frames (only applies to cyan/light blue Livyatan). Halfway between the pole that holds up the sail and the upwards-pointing plank is as close as you can get before it starts using attacks with invincibility frames.

6. Default Re: Commerci Trades

The base of the upward slope is the closest you can get before Blue Livy will seal you - so on that one I'd recommend standing back too if you have the range, just so you don't use so many all cures.

7. Default Re: Commerci Trades

It's probably known already, but droprate for sweetwater equipment is still low. Drop buffs/boosts doesn't affect the droprate of them either. At least when there's a 2x event going on, the mesos that comes out of it doesn't get doubled. I guess on average or the luck of me, I can manage to find 1-2 sweetwater equips in a month. At the very least though, I can always stockpile enough cubic blades (and other materials) to be able to craft a cube every 1 or 2 days.

I've been doing Commerci trades on 3 characters with a Merc, WA, and an MM. Merc kills all of them just fine while activating Elven Blessing for stance and I'm usually able to kill the green or blue Livy before it wears off. I switch Mihile's link skill between my WA and MM. My MM has no problem killing anything either, and before stance wearing off. My WA has a bit of a tougher time killing the green Livy, despite it being more funded and having more range than my MM. I can still kill it with about 3/4th of the time left, but stance wears off by then, and I become a super-KB battering ram target. Though, I do notice that not all the triffling wind arrows hit or do much, and the invincibility frames for Livy doesn't help it either... So I find that hugging Livy and just shooting from there does is more effective than shooting at a distance, even though it drains pots and you can still get super-KBed. So, it's also pretty annoying without auto-pot and auto-loot. At higher trade points, you can't manually pick up everything without wasting valuable kill time on the monster waves or bosses. Even at the end, 10-20 seconds might not be enough time to get everything.

8. Default Re: Commerci Trades

I hope someone can confirm this, or you'll only have my word for it but if you don't pickup a SW equip when it drops, you'll still receive it after the run :U

Happened for me with a sweetwater rod I got before the droprate nerf.

9. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

anyone feel they nerfed the blade for cube drop rate ?

10. Default Re: Commerci Trades

I think it's hit or miss. I do 3 runs on my Marksman and get Cubic Blades sometimes and other times I don't.

11. Neon Atom Male
    australia

ah ok yeah true that think im just getting bl . i have a feeling though nexon may nerf their drop rate since thats what they always do

12. Default Re: Commerci Trades

My hero at over 174% str doesnt have 200k range and its level 200. Heroes tend to have ranges on the low side, but jesus christ can they pineapple pomegranate up. Highest range ive gotten to was like 19xk myself(not self buffed, using Enegizer+Blessing+red potion) and at at that point, on any boss that doesnt have Physical resistance, ur hitting 4mil+ a line and i have the bare minimum of boss damage you can get without cubing for it :o Where 200k on any other warrior you can scratch 2mil? Also if i recall doesn't she have Decent si

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I have a total of 97% boss and 139% (displayed) ignore def. I don't have decent SI but I am using a Lunchbox, which is fast(4) (meaning I speed cap with Booster alone). And as a Hero I naturally have 100% stance.
    I agree with CakesXD, I think the tales you heard are from before time was added to Livyatan. I could kill it then, too, but it was a close thing and needed both my hypers as well as Terms and Conditions.

Also, once I got the Sailboat with its 100-attack buff boat skill, things got easier. (The buff is only a few seconds and has a cooldown, but it still helps).

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I have about a 200k range and close to 90% boss and 100% pdf ignore. I haven't paid to unlock Lith Harbor yet, but I can pretty easily kill every boss at Herb Town, Rein, etc. The biggest thing keeping Commerci from being profitable for me is the fact that my main attack skill dcs me.

15. Default Re: Commerci Trades

as solo, you'll still get everything after completing, you dont need to loot the item drops. (meso not included, pick that up!)
    in a party, only the party member that picked up will get when exiting.

16. Default Re: Commerci Trades

So since you have to go in a party of 3, whatever the visible equip droprate is, you're effectively collecting 1/3 of that per person.

Not that I've even seen any equips drop.

17. Default Re: Commerci Trades

For me, the party voyage seem to drop a ton more equips compred to solo. However this is sorta balanced as only 1 out of 3 people can get it.

It must be a sad feeling when sweetwater gloves drop in front of you and your party member loots it in your face. Ive had this happen with a katara =3

18. Default Re: Commerci Trades

you need to go with friends/guild/alliance you trust will share profits from sales, or compensate for an equip.

19. Neon Atom Male
    australia

does anyone know if drop rate multipliers work on the commerci trade bosses ?

20. Default Re: Commerci Trades

pretty sure it doesn't work