Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: ProjectOMS

I'll try to revive and resume the Project Nostalgia after my DS is 200, since I play at Renegades and the only world that gives me a will to play, well, not being active like usual due to work. Still, I'm willing to attempt the revival of LegacyReborn of Renegades version. @Mazz

2. Default Re: ProjectOMS

They've been making the game worse with each patch. What if it's on purpose?

I mean, can you imagine? What if, not now, but soon, in the future, they come out with some alternative server that you can access for an enormous fee, and the only leg up it has over the free server is "less random permabans, decensored chats." And every month after its release they continue to make the free server as bad as possible, to force you into the pay-server, which is ten dollars a month. Desperate to enjoy the game you've played for over half a decade, you head to your local retailer for a 10k karma koin card, only to find that the 10k cards have been discontinued. Your only options are the 25 and the 50.

Despite these odds, you swallow your pride much like that woman's husband did in the NTR doujin I just finished reading, you know the one, and you purchase the 25 dollar card so you can have the honor of playing a game that may have hundreds of game breaking faults, but thank god it isn't as pomegranatety as the free server, jesus christ.

3. Default Re: ProjectOMS

1. There are better p2p games.
    2. Even then, they're all dying and adopting f2p models.

People just don't like fees for numerous valid reasons. The problem isn't the model, the problem is how pomegranatety the game and the people who run it are.
    Also, the fact that you'd be willing to pay more than it's need for pure shi't is just a retarded attitude. And thinking that it's an honor? Please, if that happens I hope by then you've grown a pair and some dignity.

4. Default Re: ProjectOMS

You may as well try to buy the moon then. People have asked for a pre-BB server for a while. Nexon could do it if they wanted to, but I think it should be obvious by now that they dont want to. There would be little profit in it (no cubes for one thing), unless they charged a monthly fee or something similar, and even then, few would be willing to pay for old maple. If its not profitable, a company like Nexon would not take on a project like this. Knowing this, how do you plan to convince Nexon finally to agree? Begging and throwing Youtube comments is not going to do anything. Hell, it would have been easier to get comments from Basil, at least it is an "official" fansite.

5. Default Re: ProjectOMS

I was being sarcastic. I didn't think I'd have needed to point that out, but I guess I should have.

6. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

Default Re: ProjectOMS

I briefly skimmed through this thread so if this has been posted already then apologies, but I was under the impression the RED patch was helping toward making the gap btwn NX-heavy players and non NX-heavy players smaller? Did they make it difficult to create cubes through Blacksmithing? Or is it managable enough to where at least the potential aspect of the game won't be that awful if you don't throw money into NX?

Obviously I know there is the social aspect of the game that has been declining like others have been mentioning in this thread (PQs, multi-party bosses, etc.), but I am not entirely sure what to comment on that on how to fix it.

7. Default Re: ProjectOMS

The Blacksmithing cubes are reportedly very hard to create.

8. Default Re: ProjectOMS

There's no fixing to maplestory because there's no fixing to the social aspect of the game. Game's shallow. Just gameplay alone won't make you stay.
    The only reasonable thing players can do is move on and find one of the many better games out there and enjoy it, instead of being delusional thinking the game is good and that one day everything will change. It won't happen.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Just like professions was when it replaced forging skill. Anything that was good was too much work, even getting to max level wasn't worth it until they halved exp and doubled/increased fatigue/fatigue reduction.

The time will come when crafting cubes will be easier. Until then, they're in game, and that's all that matters to nexon.

10. Default Re: ProjectOMS

Making a pre-BB server? No.

Making a server without cubes, cash scrolls, gachapon, roulette, and gambling items? Count me in!

The only thing worth rescuing from pre-BB are Buccaneers. All the revamps made them boring.

I really don't miss doing tons of Ludi PQs a day to barely get close to level 45. Specially now that the game is evolving to fifth job characters.

New content isn't what ruined MS. New jobs and areas and bosses didn't ruin MS.
    It's how that content was presented what ruined everything. For example, I would love chaos Vellum if he was designed for a group of friends to take him down. Instead, he's designed to be defeated by a Xenon with 2m-2m range.

11. Default Re: Is it worth making a pre-BB server?

No. It is not.

I don't even spend money on the game, and I find today's MS to be MUCH better than pre-BB MS.

In fact, I think there are still too many things from old Maple around that need to go. For instance, the annoying pre-quests for Zakum and Horntail. (That you have to do again if you die against them.) We can just stroll right in and challenge Hilla, Arkarium, Von Leon, Magnus and Root Abyss bosses. And they are more rewarding to kill to boot. So why do we have to hunt down Manon just for a shot at Horntail? (The long respawn times for Griffey and Manon are another thing that needs to go. So annoying trying to hunt them down.)

And continental traveling. There are ways to completely bypass it these days. (Accept "Blake's Autographs" quest. Forfeit quest. Take subway to Kerning. Click on Quick Move and click on the ship. Go to Six Path Crossway. Take portal to Pantheon. Use Pantheon portal to go anywhere.) So why do the waiting times and lengthy trips still exist? Surely players who don't know about tricks like the one I mentioned shouldn't have to suffer them.

And the Skill Book system. RED does a lot to make the whole thing more bareable. (Especially the part where Adventurers no longer need to get a stupid skillbook from Zakum to unlock skills.) But why not get rid of it completely? 7 million and 10 million per book can still be pretty pricey for some players. (Or do they drop from monsters like Mystery books currently do?)

And so on.

12. Default Re: ProjectOMS

Exactly how I feel.

The social aspect has declined compared to the old days and this is what I actually miss. I'm one of those old players who played in the first year SEA was released. I don't miss things like slow grinding and lack of content.

I still remember the nice feeling being accepted into a "major" boss squad, run by a total stranger (horned tail was the highest back then and I remember it wasn't as easy to get into any random squad if you didn't know the organizer or his/her friends) after a few trial runs because I could take care of my party well, not because I knew the organizer or his friends or I had godly damage or that sort of rubbish.

Now? Having ridiculous damage pretty much ruins it. Let me give one example. I have a buddy who used to invite me into arkarium runs because I can protect him with magic shell, but no longer brings me in after he starts killing him in 2 binds, duo-ing with a friend who also has bind. Sigh, do you have any idea how saddening it is?

I also realize that I usually end up interacting more with friends who have similar damage as me (or slightly higher/lower) because we could go bosses together without feeling so ashamed of each other's damage. I feel like I'm being a parasite whenever I go with those super funded friends because they basically kill the boss in seconds and I'm being there for nothing. The guy is dead before I can even blink. Is it just me being weird?

Of course, there's also another problem of having insufficient DPS, thus not being able to even go for difficult bosses, reducing the interaction between funded and unfunded friends even more. The funded will usually not bring the unfunded with them even if they are friends because they will end up not having sufficient DPS to defeat the boss....or....in worst case, they feel that their unfunded friends are being parasites? On the other hand, the unfunded may feel that they are too noob to even go with their funded friends. Well, you get the idea why the interaction has declined compared to the old days.

It wasn't this way back when potential system was not here.

Yes yes, agree, count me in too

13. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Oh, you'll have to let me know when it was that primal essences became reasonably obtainable. Because I kind of missed out on that change.

14. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Maryse had a brief talk with Waltzing, which confirmed that this will never be done for GMS.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Couple months ago when they were worth $10-20, or 2b. Not sure what they are now, but no one cares anyway.

Just because some difficult aspects remain doesn't change the fact that the system as a whole became extremely easier/better over time, and this kind of thing has happened periodically throughout the game's history.

16. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Even if they had a pre-Big Bang server it would inevitably be shut down due to low population, and they couldn't even "merge" it with any other server since they wouldn't be compatible.

It would be a huge waste of their time and resources.

17. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Every time this comes up i say the same thing, can we fix the actual game before making an "alternate version".

18. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

If Nexon could create a server that transports me back to when I was in middle school, had boundless free time, and it was actually possible to meet people in-game? Count me in. If they just put up a server that has all the same rules as the old one? No thanks.

There is a distinction between a "space" and a "place." A space exists on its own. It's specifically defined and has its own rules. A place exists only when there is an attachment to it. Old Maple is, or was at this point, a place to me.

In game rules, the slime tree was a vertical map with an entrance on the far end of a larger map outside Ellinia. It spawned slimes on the platforms inside. That was a space. What turned it into a place was when people attached themselves to it in some way. Slime tree was slime tree was because it's where all the low level characters started grinding. It had a personal and social meaning to me. I don't long for there to be a vertical map where slimes spawn on the platforms, I long for Slime Tree, where I trained for 5 levels with a whole bunch of other low level characters. Nexon could recreate the space with an old-school server, but there's nothing they could do to bring back what people really want, the place.

19. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

The only reason I enjoyed Pre Big Bang was mainly the social interaction I had with friends while training or bossing.

See, social interaction. I think a big reason many people want Old MS to come back is because they remember all the fun they had talking with people and doing all those little events. But if you were to put the community, which adapted to Potential, quick bossing and lots of damage, into such a setting.. it would be havoc.

Time's have changed, it's just time to move on. I mean it was fun back then, but doing 5% / Hr for all of my life was not really "enjoyable".

But let's first fix the bigger issues with the game before even thinking about an alternate server.