1. Default Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

tl;dr: Delete Phantom and risk not being able to make one again?

First off, names matter a lot to me, I'm a bit of an RP nerd (spent 8 years on a RP server in WoW, so names are kinda... OCD to me) even though I obviously won't even be doing any RP in MS (because lol @ maple's "story")

The name my Phantom is currently using, which is also my name in SP, Zaicil, is the name of one of my OC's and one of my old WoW characters, and the name fits the... "style" of Luminous nicely (RP'd as a Balance Druid under the name, for anyone that knows WoW... for people who don't, they switch between using the power of the moon and using the power of the sun, kinda like the light / darkness thing)

Anyway, I hate my Phantom. I'd have no problem deleting it, except... well, I might want to get the link skill someday, and I dunno if they'll be opening up character creation for Phantoms again anytime soon.

And I REALLY wanna use the name for my Luminous, because it fits the character perfectly. Aaand I don't wanna think of a new name.

2. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

I don't know what you mean by risk because all the Heroes are open for creation a few months after Luminous is released before getting locked again, so just grab another one at that time.

3. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

You could always use a capitalized "I" if you want, its not too bad I did it with my shadower/DB.

4. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

I'm hoping that luminous comes with one of those nifty character name change coupons like it did in KMS. If it does you could just use it on your phantom and then give your luminous the name your phantom had.

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

You could always use "ZaiciI".

6. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

I always delete characters and regret it later.
    IMO, wait until you feel creative enough or until you find a name you like and then create luminous.

7. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

Phantom will be back again eventually. If you want to delete it for the name, you can always remake your Phantom later for the link skill.

8. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

I don't know if the system was updated, but when my Evan/Aran got hacked their names were changed.

Still can't get Svadilfari/MorbidMagus to this day. Of course its always possible they recreated the characters as sort of a plantain move. But I would really look into this if you want to try using a name change coupon.(Provided we get one during Hot Time)

Like others mentioned, you can always replace the L with a capital I, although I'm pretty OCD about that myself.

Phantoms, along with the other Hero's, will get rereleased during Hyper Skills. So you can straight out delete him and remake then. It would be a month or two of waiting though.

9. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

I would not consider a name something to be worth deleting a character over.

10. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

From the wording of the OP, the Phantom in question isn't even up to lv70 yet. Most players I know would consider that small fry -- embryonic, even. Since Phantoms will be createable in the future, the most important question is whether OP would need that link skill before the next Phantom creation period opens.

//edit: Another important factor that I'm not seeing in this discussion is the possibility that OP might end up disliking Luminous playstyle just as much as Phantom.

11. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

Seems like the OP would at least dislike Luminous' gameplay less than Phantom though. I don't know how much does 10% critical do for a Luminous so the only important question is if the OP can wait about three to four months for that same link skill to which I say it shouldn't be a problem.

12. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

Name changing does not work. It will lock the old name forever.

13. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

So that means the name can only be changed once and then it'd be locked to the new character?

14. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

Name change blocks your old name.

15. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

Meaning this wouldn't be a solution for the OP since he can't use Zaicil again. Got it, thanks, I wanted to know because I was thinking of changing my Evan's name so that I might make a Mechanic someday.

16. Default Re: Should I delete my Phantom to use the name for my Luminous?

I deleted my first 4th job Corsair with full NX plastic surgery and an Explorer Crit ring, among other things, to create my current Phantom just for the IGN. Of course, it helps that the Corsair was in a world I would never play in, but it's up to you whether or not the character is important enough for the IGN.